Has Your Political Views Affected Your Buying Habits or Entertainment?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Funny about the lights, I thought I was the only one bothered by lights. When I go to Costco I get a feeling of that weirdness you talk about.

• Simon
    Simon
    I will go OUT OF MY WAY to buy NIKE.

It's people like you who "drool when the bell rings" that is the reason we have endless corporate virtue signalling - companies pretending to be virtuous when they really aren't.

You kid yourself that you are some sort of social hero when in fact you're supporting a company that profits from paying poor people pennies to produce shoes they sell at at incredible markup.

The power of advertising over the feeble minded.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I think it's time for Canadias to buy US dollars because of current Trump-antics. He could ruin our economy while losing popularity...which doesn't seem to bother him in the least.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess so--

I avoid Walmart, as I don't like how they treat employees and teach employees to "freeload" off of Gov't programs at taxpayers' expense because they pay such pathetic wages.

I doubt I will ever bother watching another Robert DeNiro movie (except re-watching the Godfather) as I didn't care for his "Fuck Trump" spiel. It's OK if you (or he) dislikes Trump's politics. He was just rude and disrespectful and an asshole about it. He hasn't had any movies worth watching lately anyway. Sadly, he's a "has been".

I certainly will not buy Nike shoes. I didn't watch an NFL game last year, incl the SuperBowl. I'm not a football fan anyway, but I'm not going to support these millionaire assholes as I don't respect their position or "cause".

I refuse to shop at Menard's as they spent huge sums supporting Right-To-Work legislation which I believe helps to lower the working man's wages.

But I don't go to Chic-fil-a (sp?) either. None of their business who gets married. Religious bigots.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "Has your political views affected your buying habits or entertainment?"

Nope.

My bank balance is far more influential.

• MeanMrMustard
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess it affects me but I don't make a big deal out of it or boycott or anything.

I just never personally eat at Chick-Fil-A or Domino's Pizza and buy nothing from Hobby Lobby.

Rub a Dub

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everyone." ~ MMM

Almost could be a WTS slogan.

Doc

• pixel
    pixel

"Believe in something, even if it is the Overlapping Generation"

To answer the question: NO. Companies don't care about social issues. Just about profit (right so, they are companies after all).

Social issues for them are a bit fat advertisement.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Has Your Political Views Affected Your Buying Habits or Entertainment? - nah, not really.

I've never held extreme political views. I've merely moved from centre-left to centre-right.

I don't appreciate being lectured on politics by e.g. clothes manufacturers or film studios.

Nevertheless, I'll judge a product on the actual product, trying to forget about the politics.

Nike trainers are ok but overpriced so I haven't bought any for the last 4 years.

Star Wars The Last Jedi was crap but I was stupid enough to buy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit