Has Your Political Views Affected Your Buying Habits or Entertainment?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

I really enjoyed the Punisher series on Netflix even though I didn't agree with the underlying strawman messages at all.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    I really enjoyed the Punisher series on Netflix even though I didn't agree with the underlying strawman messages at all.

Which messages were those?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Oh...open a can of worms, eh? LOL. Fair enough.

Basically it portrayed gun control as anti-gun. It lacked the nuance in understanding the other side.

But I enjoyed the series nonetheless. I hope there is a season 2.

• minimus
    minimus

Love ,,,, good post

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah they did a piss poor job at framing that debate as I think they had originally intended to.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the Punisher as well. Marvel's best IMO. Season 2 is set to premier on December 12th.

• blondie
    blondie

I buy where I can afford it and products in my price range. I was told once not to shop at Walmart....I only buy my hair dye there, $4 less than anywhere else and they always have my color. I do buy my veggies nearby....too many problems at vendors in other states or countries.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In a word NO.

And neither are my views of Corporations and Businesses or Actors or their views have any affect or even effect on anything I buy or watch on screen either cinema or TV.

Corporations and Businesses are out to make money ......to earn a living.....O.K. and profits . and keep shareholders happy .

Actors are just playing a part and do not subscribe to the role they are playing. And their personal views on any given subject is just that their personal views .

They are just being paid for the job at hand.

because I like or support a certain actor in a particular Movie does not in any way mean I support his/her political or religious views in any way.

The same is with singers ,because I like certain singers does not mean I agree with their personal political or religious views

I think its the height of stupidity to boycott this that or the other because you don`t agree with some issue you don`t agree with.

If what you don`t agree with was analysed to the Nth degree ,you would probably be found to be a hypocrite.

• MeanMrMustard
  • StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

If I can get a product for the same (or reasonably close) price at two different places... I'll go with the one that is less of a festering social disgrace. I don't have the financial luxury of boycotting every company I disagree with and I think a lot of people are in that boat too.

• MeanMrMustard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit