Has Your Political Views Affected Your Buying Habits or Entertainment?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Will you avoid Nike or tend to not buy apparel because of their support of Colin Kap? Would you stop doing business with anyone simply because you disagree with their politics? In California, In And Out Burger, Democrats were being told not to support the chain because they donated to Republicans.

Will politics affect your spending habits?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

To a degree.. but not overly. As a example 90% of my clients are anti brexit

Im very much pro brexit, it hasnt and wont effect our working relationship.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Will politics affect your spending habits?"

NO.

• minimus
    minimus

If I want a good burger, I get it. Goes for chicken too, 😂

• minimus
    minimus

I’ll still watch a ballgame even if I don’t agree with the bended knee thing. I just think it’s crazy to pay these athletes all this money.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    Not to the extent that I will burn something that I have already paid for, because that is just hilarious to watch IMO. I've disliked Nike for their slave labor practices long before the culture warriors got a hold of them. I honestly don't give a shit about the Democrats or the Republicans so it makes life a lot easier. They wield no control over how I choose to spend my hard earned money
  • Simon
    Simon

I wouldn't buy Nike stuff anyway - overpriced crap. My clothing is based on what Costco is selling cheap that week ... yup, "style" is my middle name (firstname: "no", lastname: "whatsoever")

I actually get annoyed with the price of clothing. It's literally, just material sewn together ... that's it. Compare the price to some electronics that have been designed, fabricated, assembled etc... it just seems like things don't compare when it comes to how involved they are to make but they expect so much for sewn-together-cloth. Meh.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I won't spend Nike/Levi prices for clothing regardless of their pandering. This is all out of control and headed no where fast.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

It does if the company is attempting to silence or push political views

When companies announce, "We are no longer doing business with these people because they supported Trump, etc" thinking they'll get more business, I'll refrain and hope they hurt themselves.

Or Target, "If a grown man wants to walk in the store and say he is a women that day, we will let him in the restroom or dressing room with your daughter, and if you don't like it, you're a hateful phobic bigot" - that turned out well for them, they lost a LOT of business and stock value.

Nike is crap. I should start a shoe company. Most shoes and sneakers sold are absolute junk, not worth $10. Fall apart within a few months, etc.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

No I never pay attention to that unless the company were to target a specific group or push their views in a way that annoyed me. But even then, if their product is one I like, I'd probably buy it anyway.

Bad_wolf- Not sure what you are talking about with target. They are trading at almost a 2 year high and analysts are generally bullish on them as well as other stocks in that space. They have pretty solid earnings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit