The Reason Behind Recent Watchtower Changes

by Vanderhoven7 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Mike & Kim were relating something a week or so back.

About the Borg becoming a "gentler, kinder , nicer" religion. Along those lines.

Its all about its 501c3 status. If the Borg wants to retain that. Its all about that. These changes.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Lawyer quote:

"The F&DS class area a theological arrangement. And to understand what that means, think of a musical arrangement, you can listen to it, you can read the sheet music, but the sheet music isn't the music. You can have a recording of it, but it doesn't exist."
    What a load of hot steaming lawyering manure.

I have always noticed and admired in a way how the branch office has its own version of reality. Everyone else is a guest in their reality.

As an elder of many years myself I often noticed an official request or even a legal demand to something that I personally would not question or delay in getting it done. But the branch does not comply or even reply sometimes.

I was surprised at the time, I didn’t even think that was an option to not reply and keep ignoring the letters.

The branch office really does have its own reality and everyone else just has to accept that. If they say they are like a piece of music that can be in the page when it suits and they want free money from the government but then they are like music that can’t be recorded when they don’t want to take responsibility for anything they don’t like

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just keep hearing things like if the Borg "loses its tax free"" status,,,,too many things have to happen for this to take place.

What I can see happening is a softening toward the LGBTQ+ society to retain its 501c3 status.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even if they don’t lose their tax-exemption…

…the self-neutering they’d have to do to keep it would virtually eliminate all the things about them that they held up as “proof” they had The Truth.

Either way, where’s the incentive to stay?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I wonder how fast they’d fold if they lost their tax-exemption. " Oh please please may that happen !

I'm sure the Tax Exemption and the Tax Rebates they get here in the U.K,(i.e any Contribution from a Tax Payer will get a 25% tax Rebate from the Government paid direct to the "Charity", so each £ contributed is worth 25% more to the Cong. ), keeps individual Congregations in the "Black", and probably the Branch too to some extent.

The Org. is hoping that by changing a lot of their practices and "Public Face" they will Sucker in more gullible idiots to donate. Will that work, sufficient to outweigh the loss of Tax Exemption ? I doubt it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Phizzy:

A sucker is born every minute.

Thats how the Borg has survived as long as it has.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A sucker is born every minute.

And by stupidity too.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As long as there are malleable,,impressionable, naive & gullible minds people will buy into this crap.

• Freeorange
    Freeorange

I have had many very frank conversations with a close friend who is still an elders wife. At this point I think she is PIMQ but is clinging on with both hands trying to make it work. After my husband and I faded she is one of the few that maintains contact and said she was totally fine with anything I had to say as her faith was firm and nothing I was telling her would change that. So I figured “why not?”.

I hit her with the 501c3, UN NGO, and WT’s financial ties to big pharma, etc. She has done some amazing mental gymnastics to keep making it work in her mind. We had very frank discussions about the vx in early 2021 and they were dead set against them. But of course the GB updates worn them down into taking them and they deeply regret it. They have experienced numerous health issues since including a major surgery for her. She acknowledges the GB was wrong to push them but still keeps saying they’re just imperfect men and this is still Gods true organization 🙄🙄

To top it all off her husband is now growing a beard but they insist it has nothing to do with the GB and he would have done it anyway - yeah right. I think it’s time I hit her with old Massimo. Will keep you updated!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    They have experienced numerous health issues since including a major surgery for her. She acknowledges the GB was wrong to push them but still keeps saying they’re just imperfect men and this is still Gods true organization 🙄🙄

Yes I have found two different ways JWs cope with the GB vaccine issue.

1. The GB never actually direct us to take the vaccine they always said it’s a matter of personal choice.

2. Yes the GB did direct us to take it but they are just imperfect men trying to do their best and this turned out to be a mistake.

The truth is they clearly did give wrong direction when they should have stayed neutral. They were the ones who caused division. I suspect this was probably one of the most divisive directions the GB have ever given with the most numbers of JWs writing in than any other direction they have given.

This is part of the reason for so many radical changes recently and I guess a lot more to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit