When Friendship turns to Hatred

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I'm too old to be your daughter, but you can adopt me anyway. Can you handle having a Born Again kid???

YOU! ANY TIME!!

Dansk

• Valis
    Valis

I think there is a distinction between hatred, animosity, or general disdain in regards someone.

I have hatred for very few, but only for very personal reasons, and throw animosity on top of that...not good for me or anyone else.

I have animosity sometimes towards friends, like when they need an ass kicking for being stupid. Sometimes I have been on the recieving end of said kicking.

And then general disdain for someone where you just don't care to be around them anymore because of what they say or how they act regardless.

That Billygoat...always with the happiness and the mozzer...when friendship turns to hatred indeed...*LOL* As Cartman would say.."I hate you guys...."

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Billy Got Yer Goat" class

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Oops. Did I stutter? My bad. :)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    That Billygoat...always with the happiness and the mozzer...when friendship turns to hatred indeed...*LOL* As Cartman would say.."I hate you guys...."

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Billy Got Yer Goat" class

Hey watch it buddy! You're the brother I've never wanted.

Be careful. I'll tell Dad on you. LOL!

(((((((((Valis)))))))))

Andi

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This has never happened to me until recently.

I made a mistake and someone I thought was a friend responded with utter brutality and viciousness. Even after I apologized to everyone publicly and spent a great deal of time and energy apologizing to others privately, he was not satisfied. He felt as though I had to satisfy him before the matter was closed. As if he was the guardian of the people. As if I was some how subject to him. He demanded that I appear before him in person so he could give me even more “lumps”, even trying to lure me with words like “love” and “brother” which were immediately followed by threats. In an attempt to coerce me he also spread lies, rumors and half-truths trying to cause as much harm as he possible could, not only to me, but others.

I will humbly acknowledge when I am wrong and apologize, but I will not grovel and beg for forgiveness or subject myself to abuse or control. I did that once with a room full of elders. I will never do that again.

I can forgive and forget when someone hurts me through an honest mistake, but when someone lashes out with malice and intent, that is a different story.

• Valis
    Valis

Gee Elsewhere...nice to see you've been lurking about. You wanna set the record straight? You could've come over and looked me in the eye and said all that crap, but you chose not to. You knew I would rip you a new one. You don't have the guts or the nuts to face the facts. I don't control anyone, but people I let into my life know if they bullshit me then I will call them on it. You can believe whatever it is you want, but when I said I didn't believe you apologized properly I meant it and still do. You made lots of people assume you had been wronged in some way, which was far from the truth whatsoever. I expect my friends to have more than some email discussion that somehow fixes things. Maybe in your delusional world this is good enough, but not for me. I let you into my house whenever you wanted for as long as you wanted time and time again. No bullshit from me. Friendship is a complex thing my friend, yet you seem to fail in the face to face department. Keep trying and like I said to you once before...get a life, or get laid, or a hobby, or friends, or whatever it is that will make you happy. Just do it and grow up.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For some, abusiveness is considered normal behavior, the rest of us know better.

• Valis
    Valis

Maybe those same folks "who know better" will put up w/your crap David. I'm happy for you.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Well, it seems that Valias has revealed themselves as the annonymous person you were refering to. I can see the love you were talking about. He called you "friend" and then tells you to get laid or get a life. Friendly indeed.

I just wonder who he thinks he is by saying that HE doesn't feel you appologized to OTHER PEOPLE properly. As if he sets the definition of what a proper apology is... Oh well. Just know that you did what you did, whatever it was, you've made amends with those who were wronged and moved on. I take it that the others you appologized to accepted your appology, correct? If so, then what's his problem?

• JH
    JH

The only way to establish peace and friendship is that both parties work towards it constructively.

Wouldn't it be nice if both of you could go to bed tonight with this weight off your shoulders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit