When Friendship turns to Hatred

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sirona,

You're right, of course. I don't hate the person, I hate the message he/she brings to the doors of others. I also hate the GB for they should know better. I also hate the fact that we possess so much evidence against Watchtower, but the Dubs won't look at it (out of fear or command). I HATE with a pashion the fact that Watchtower has charity status for, would you believe it, "benefitting the community"! I hate the fact that the "friends" were anything but and that such friendship was conditional. I ABSOLUTELY HATE most of all the fact that I could ever believe any of that stuff in the first place!

AND I HATE THE FACT THAT MY TWO DAUGHTERS COULD DISREGARD 23 AND 19 YEARS RESPECTIVELY OF LOVE AND AFFECTION AND SHUN THE REST OF THE FAMILY DUE TO THE "!*^^*^! GARBAGE OF WATCHTOWER!

Dansk

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I had a best friend in high school who betrayed me. I hated her for years and now looking back, the hatred is turning to pity. She was the type of person who could only have one friend at a time. You were either her lackey or her enemy. She dumped her best friend to be my friend and dumped me to be somone else's best friend. As long as she had someone to follow her around and agree with everything she said she was happy. Turns out her family was severely dysfunctional, they kicked her out of the house for missing curfew and eventually disowned her for marrying outside her race. I feel sorry for her now, but knowing the kind of person she is, I would never, in a million years trust her or let her back into my life.

Silverleaf

• JH
    JH

Love and Hatred seems to be on the same frequency. Either you love alot or hate alot. Sometimes it flip flops from one side to another.

If you ever watched children playing, one second they could be mad and crying and a minute later they are smiling and happy again. We sure could learn alot from children if we could only forgive like they do.

It would seem that some have an appetite for hatred. It's as if they have to hate someone in order to glorify themselves...

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I had a friend that became a JW. Actually, his family was always floating on the outskirts of being JW's and his brother was a full fledged one. But my friend Dennis was never baptised and his parents were DF'd. He was the type that changes his tastes like he changes underwear. One day he would be so into something and the next day he would hate it and be into something else. It was the same with "The Truth". He'd be all gung ho and pious acting and then a month later he'd be cursing like a sailor. I got sucked into the religion by him and his brother but as I detailed in my first few posts here, I left it about 5 years later. I slowly fell away and never really told Dennis. It was none of his business.

But anyway, we remained good friends for about 10 years. One night we were chating online and he invited this girl into out chat room and we all were chatting for a while and then he had to leave. Well me and this girl, Jenni, stayed and chatted for the entire night. She is now my fiance! Well we continued to chat with each other and then we were talking on the phone. I took my vacation week and visited her and we just fell in love. We decided that we would move in together and be together forever. So I e-mailed Dennis and told him that my address would be changing and explained to him in a very cordial way that we fell in love and that I would be moving to be with her and thanked him for inviting her into the chatroom that night. Jenni did the same.

He responded with the most hatefilled replies I could ever imagine! They were never together but he would try to preach to her and get her to convert but she said it just made her faith even stronger. They would debate back and forth but he would be so insulting to her and then try to get her to convert. Personally, I think he wanted her to convert so he wouldn't feel guilty about trying to get a relationship going with her. But she wasn't falling for that. This person is so racked with guilt over everything he does and it's all thanks to the JW's. He is the most conflicted person I've ever met. He replied to me with a list of insults about her and how stupid she is and all of this and this was all just a big master plan of his to dump her off on me so he wouldn't have to deal with her anymore. My reply was, "Thanks. So if this was all your big master plan then why are you pissed off that it succeeded? Could it be because it WASN'T part of your plan? Could it be because you are pissed off that I have decided to have a life and not be trapped in a soul sucking religion that deprives its members of any pleasure and semblence of normal life?"

That sent him over the edge. I had a bunch of stuff that he was storing for me and he e-mailed me and said that he burned it all or sold it on E-Bay. I just replied, "That's fine. What a fine Christian display. Do you think Jehovah approved of that? Do you think the elders would approve? What a fine testimony to what the Witnesses are truly like: A den of vipers with no real love for anybody. You have just proved everything I said right. Thank you for that."

I never heard another word from him until I tracked him down on the net on a message board and started antagonizing him for fun. But I think he was just pissed off because my life was moving forward and he is forever trapped in the same frame of mind, body and spirit: never changing. He also was pissed because I would have access to information about him that he tried to keep hidden from me. Things that he talked to Jenni about that he never mentioned to me. I never even knew that the two of them were talking for 2 years. So he was pissed that I found out about a side of him that he tries to hide from everyone. He tries to be human and have a life but then the JW guilt kicks in and he rebels against whatever he was into and regresses back to his JW ways. Back and forth back and forth.

But I have washed my hands of him and my life is SOOOO much better now than it was. And after going back to my home town last year I tracked him down and he is still living in the same shack and working at the same dead-end job. Almost 4 years later and he is still the same exact person. It's very pathetic. Only death will open his eyes but then it will be too late for him. To

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I had a friend that became a JW. Actually, his family was always floating on the outskirts of being JW's and his brother was a full fledged one. But my friend Dennis was never baptised and his parents were DF'd. He was the type that changes his tastes like he changes underwear. One day he would be so into something and the next day he would hate it and be into something else. It was the same with "The Truth". He'd be all gung ho and pious acting and then a month later he'd be cursing like a sailor. I got sucked into the religion by him and his brother but as I detailed in my first few posts here, I left it about 5 years later. I slowly fell away and never really told Dennis. It was none of his business.

But anyway, we remained good friends for about 10 years. One night we were chating online and he invited this girl into out chat room and we all were chatting for a while and then he had to leave. Well me and this girl, Jenni, stayed and chatted for the entire night. She is now my fiance! Well we continued to chat with each other and then we were talking on the phone. I took my vacation week and visited her and we just fell in love. We decided that we would move in together and be together forever. So I e-mailed Dennis and told him that my address would be changing and explained to him in a very cordial way that we fell in love and that I would be moving to be with her and thanked him for inviting her into the chatroom that night. Jenni did the same.

He responded with the most hatefilled replies I could ever imagine! They were never together but he would try to preach to her and get her to convert but she said it just made her faith even stronger. They would debate back and forth but he would be so insulting to her and then try to get her to convert. Personally, I think he wanted her to convert so he wouldn't feel guilty about trying to get a relationship going with her. But she wasn't falling for that. This person is so racked with guilt over everything he does and it's all thanks to the JW's. He is the most conflicted person I've ever met. He replied to me with a list of insults about her and how stupid she is and all of this and this was all just a big master plan of his to dump her off on me so he wouldn't have to deal with her anymore. My reply was, "Thanks. So if this was all your big master plan then why are you pissed off that it succeeded? Could it be because it WASN'T part of your plan? Could it be because you are pissed off that I have decided to have a life and not be trapped in a soul sucking religion that deprives its members of any pleasure and semblence of normal life?"

That sent him over the edge. I had a bunch of stuff that he was storing for me and he e-mailed me and said that he burned it all or sold it on E-Bay. I just replied, "That's fine. What a fine Christian display. Do you think Jehovah approved of that? Do you think the elders would approve? What a fine testimony to what the Witnesses are truly like: A den of vipers with no real love for anybody. You have just proved everything I said right. Thank you for that."

I never heard another word from him until I tracked him down on the net on a message board and started antagonizing him for fun. But I think he was just pissed off because my life was moving forward and he is forever trapped in the same frame of mind, body and spirit: never changing. He also was pissed because I would have access to information about him that he tried to keep hidden from me. Things that he talked to Jenni about that he never mentioned to me. I never even knew that the two of them were talking for 2 years. So he was pissed that I found out about a side of him that he tries to hide from everyone. He tries to be human and have a life but then the JW guilt kicks in and he rebels against whatever he was into and regresses back to his JW ways. Back and forth back and forth.

But I have washed my hands of him and my life is SOOOO much better now than it was. And after going back to my home town last year I tracked him down and he is still living in the same shack and working at the same dead-end job. Almost 4 years later and he is still the same exact person. It's very pathetic. Only death will open his eyes but then it will be too late for him. To quote his favorite scripture, didn't we perform all these great works in your name? And Jesus will say, "Get away from me you worker of lawlessness for I never knew you."

• Hamas
    Hamas

If you be my bodyguard, I can be your long lost pal.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Great post(s), crinklestein - but forget it! You don't get two goods for 'repetition for emphasis' here

Dansk

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    AND I HATE THE FACT THAT MY TWO DAUGHTERS COULD DISREGARD 23 AND 19 YEARS RESPECTIVELY OF LOVE AND AFFECTION AND SHUN THE REST OF THE FAMILY DUE TO THE "!*^^*^! GARBAGE OF WATCHTOWER!

(((((((((((((Dansk)))))))))))))))))

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks, Andi! One of those days I'm afraid!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

We're all entitled to bad days. They come whether we're entitled or not. LOL!

I'm so sorry. I know I don't know your whole story, but I've seen a glimpse of the pain with that post. I am the only child in a family of five that is "out". I am the black sheep. The outcast. My parents treat me as if I don't exist. As painful as it is, I'd rather have it that way. Right now anyway. I don't have the strength to have it any other way.

I'm too old to be your daughter, but you can adopt me anyway. Can you handle having a Born Again kid??? LOLOLOL! (((((())))))))

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit