Ukraine - Nato - US crisis

by mikeflood 55 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I didn’t say anything about China being better - correct, you were gloating that the US is no longer the world's policeman whilst taking your eye off of the bad things China gets up to.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for - if you think America was bad as the world's policeman, just wait till China takes over. They have zero - repeat, zero - respect for human rights.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Former big time gangsta US has been sent to the retirement home and doesn’t even realise.

Slimboyfat, while, for years I have enjoyed your posts, and admired your insight, intellect, etc., I disagree with your tone about the U.S.

I, for one, being a citizen of the U.S., realize the U.S. doesn't have the power it once did relative to the rest of the world, and I lament that; it scares me. I cannot imagine the world without a strong U.S. I cannot imagine a world in which Russia and China have the upper hand. Do you resent the U.S.? We share a huge border with Canada, but Canada doesn't fear us. Do you think Canada had rather be bordered by China... or Russia?

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure Biden will evacuate all his families' money in plenty of time.

There's no way Europe is going to war with Russia. They depend on Russia for their heating / energy, so will do as they are told.

They made themselves Russia's bitches, so now they will do what Russia says or the taps will be turned of and they'll freeze to death.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

With the result being that Ukraine ends up placed in a similar situation to where Finland was during the Cold War.

ie. Having full autonomy over its internal affairs, but answerable to Russia when it comes to all external matters.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

There is a new Borg video about "peace and security", as always, they don't waste one opportunity, like this crisis.....

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

An interesting sidelight on this issue:

I didn't notice a news report on the following in the Australian media, but it makes you wonder about the whole issue!

In a media meet-up Ukrainian President (pictured) told the assembled journalists.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Quote:

Press stunned as Ukraine leader points finger at west Nury Vittachi - Feb 1, 2022

In a stunning and unexpected outburst this week, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the press that his country’s current problems came from the West rather than the East.

The fears of a looming war were built on news stories that Russia had troops on the border it shares with the country — but this was not unusual, and there had been a similar assembly of soldiers a year ago, he said.

The truth was that the threat level had not changed, he told a press conference this week.

Furthermore, the real threat to Ukraine was not Russia, but the “destabilisation of the situation inside the country” he told journalists.

The cause of the panic was the press itself, Zelensky said.

Correspondents at the event were discomfited. The event was “a slightly surreal encounter” said the BBC’s Sarah Rainsford.

The Ukrainian leader went on to slam the US, British and other Western diplomats who were fleeing the country, as if the much-described war was actually real.

He denied that Ukraine was a sinking ship, but even if they saw it that way, “diplomats are like captains. They should be the last to leave a sinking ship.” unquote,

Link: (For full article) https://johnmenadue.com/press-stunned-as-ukraine-leader-points-finger-at-west/

----------------

There's more, of course, and I guess some may say that we may expect that sort of talk from someone with a Russian name. (The journalists name is Nury Vittachi ) But the basic question is did or did not Zelensky say what he's quoted as saying. If he did, are we entitled to ask why the Western press is raising the issue temperature?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The cause of the panic was the press itself, Zelensky said.
    are we entitled to ask why the Western press is raising the issue temperature?

Yes, but you are unlikely to get a straight answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hroe2LSBraU&t=996s&ab_channel=FoxNews

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Here's another satire-based perspective. A few quotes from the author, pointing to where the real problem lies:

The Year of the Black Water Tiger started, for all practical purposes, with a Beijing bang on Friday, as Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin, after a live meeting before the initial ceremony of the Winter Olympics, issued a joint statement on international relations.

The ghost of Mackinder is in total freak out mode contemplating in impotence the imperial brilliance of deciding to fight a two-front war against the Russia-China strategic partnership. At least there’s Monty Python to the rescue: the Ministry of Silly Walks has been gloriously revived as the Ministry of Silly Strategies.

None of the above alters the fundamental fact that the USUK combo – plus the proverbial NATO chihuahuas Poland and the Baltics – are spinning around like mad trying to provoke a war. And the only way to do it is to Release the False Flags. It may be sometime in February, it may be during the Beijing Olympics, it may be before the onset of Spring. But they will come. And the Russians are ready.

The ultimate danger – especially for the European minions – is that the headless eagle will never let go of its former “indispensable” status without provoking another devastating war.

http://thesaker.is/the-year-of-the-tiger-starts-with-a-sino-russian-bang/

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Zelensky told the press that his country’s current problems came from the West rather than the East.

While America's Border is wide open to all sorts of criminals and terrorist, Both the democrats and Republicans want a war to protect Ukraine's border.

Why????????

My opinion is that money will go to both republican and democrats individuals who have a stake in making a war.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I find it worrying that for weeks now Biden etc keep telling us that Russia is going to invade Ukraine imminently.... Russia has always had a large number of troops on it's border with the Ukraine, and in recent months has bolstered that number.

But, the media likes to state that those 100,000 plus troops have only recently been installed ready to invade Ukraine. Now the West has decided to post extra troops there to bolster Ukraine etc.

Seems to me that the West/Biden is engaged in a poking of the Russian bear almost to provoke a reaction. Let's not forget that some years ago the West invaded Iraq on the basis of intelligence reports of Weapons of Mass Destruction, when later it was found that none existed.....

We've been here before, let's not stoke the fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit