Ukraine - Nato - US crisis

by mikeflood 55 Replies latest social current

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Right on cue as the mask/vaccine narrative starts to seriously decline.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    American has never had a war INSIDE THE AMERICAN COUNTRY.

No country with nukes nowdays will tolerate any war inside their country.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Used to be I had to go to RT to get my daily dose of Putin propaganda (or watch Tucker Carlson if I didn't mind it being a day late), but now I just need to sign on here.

Spasiba, Pyotr Pistoletiy!

• waton
    waton

Spasiba, Pyotr Pistoletiy!

woyna ni crasho tavarish putin!. ( from my contacts with soviet soldiers, may 1945.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What is the reason Russia is going to invade Ukraine? I mean I never hear a plausible explanation of it in the media. All I hear is Russia and Putin are bad aggressors and we must stand up to them. Maybe so, but it would be nice to know what the story is from their point of view. I mean I am not completely naïve. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the United States has intervened in Ukraine politics for years, in attempts to install leaders sympathetic to the west, and Russia sees this as a threat, much as the US found Russian involvement in Cuba intolerable in the 1960s. But I don’t hear this explanation mentioned never mind refuted in our media.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Vladimir Putin is a dangerous guy - a strongman who stole Crimea and invaded Donbas, Ukraine in 2014.

He's currently demanding that an independent sovereign country, Ukraine, not join NATO.

Well, Putin can fuck right off with that nonsense.

Let Ukraine decide for themselves if they want to be part of NATO or not.

Don't invade Ukraine, Putin, you c**t.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Barry let Russia have Crimea in 2014 and Biden will let him have Ukraine in 2022.

The world needs something to talk about while the next pandemic gets underway.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Trump is the only recent President who did not start a new war.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@slimboyfat: the reason is purely economical. Ukraine currently controls the flow of gas and oil between Europe and Russia and even some parts of the Middle East like Afghanistan. Same reason they invaded Georgia under Bush and Ukraine under Obama - a weak America means nothing will be done about it.

Russia and Germany wanted to build Nordstream 2 pipeline to evade Ukraine control (and thus cost) over the fuel, because after Germany’s green energy policy failed, they became highly dependent on Russian fuel. Trump successfully stopped the development of the pipeline, which caused Putin to cease his progress into Ukraine which he started under Obama. Biden restarted the pipeline on behalf of Germany and is letting them finish the pipeline, at that point Ukraine will be completely cut off from any leverage in Europe and thus Russia can easily invade and reclaim their Soviet empire.

There is a lot at play, Ukraine and the Dnieper, their major river, are a major highway of fuel and goods between Russia the Mediterranean, China (through the Black Sea) and Europe. Russia is basically claiming and threatening the entire area that goes their side of the Dnieper as Russian, that would give Russia effectively full control over the Dnieper.

Control over Ukraine means control over EU, UK, Russia and all the goods flowing from Asia and the Middle East to those countries, it’s one of the reasons Ukraine never became a NATO/EU member, it’s simply got enough leverage without them, joining them has requirements that would lose them control.

Geography is really good for agriculture as well and one of the reasons why Stalin targeted and eradicated the Ukrainians, killing village by village during the Holodomor and then moved tons of Russians in to farm after the Lenin farm policies failed resulting in mass starvation across the rest of the Soviet Union. Hence why currently there are a lot of cultural Russians in the disputed areas of Ukraine, because Stalin ethnically cleansed the area and relocated half of Siberia to Ukraine.

So there is very good reason for Ukraine to exist, it is the gateway from Europe and Russia to the world. The EU is too cowardly to do anything about it, and now the US is too.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Good job on Germany siding with Russia and in turn China on this.

Goodbye NATO and good luck preventing communism from spreading like wildfire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit