Abandoned literature carts, maybe the end of them?

by sp74bb 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

An innocent picture of a city in my country, Spain. The pic says everything. Many JW are really disgusted about everything, even their new preaching cart.

A trustful source has informed me today that an important city in Spain is preparing to require all carts to obtain a licence to use the public areas, an insurance for civil claims and a clear identification of the owner of them...

Again a very hard day for JW.org

• Hecce
    Hecce

To me it doesn't look like those carts are abandoned. It is possible that the two persons at the end of the sign are the publishers, they have been instructed to stand away from the carts; not to scare away the interested people with their presence.

As far as licensing and insurance, the publisher will be responsible and pay for that out of pocket.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    A trustful source has informed me today that an important city in Spain is preparing to require all carts to obtain a licence to use the public areas, an insurance for civil claims and a clear identification of the owner of them...

I have yet to see a JW cart where I live. So I checked the city bylaws and found just what you describe. Requirements for licencing fees, liability insurance, ownership details, etc., all of which would require a fairly large $ outlay on the part of individual vendors.

And I haven't seen them in their usual table spot down at the university either. Pretty quiet here!

• Saename
    Saename
    OrphanCrow - And I haven't seen them in their usual table spot down at the university either. Pretty quiet here!

Jehovah's Witnesses at the university!?

Oh, I get it. You almost got me.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Saename: Jehovah's Witnesses at the university!?
    Oh, I get it. You almost got me.

Lol! No, no! It isn't a joke.

The JWs have had a table at the university for the past several years. I have seen them there off and on when I wander down to campus. And I have received reports from friends who have seen them there.

I actually had a plan a couple years ago to print off the university's Religious Studies program's offerings and present it to them and encourage them to take some classes. But, for some reason, they haven't been there the last few times I have been at the university. I really expected them to be but I could just have not been there on the right week.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The carts and thier street witnessing is a complete waste of time . Does anyone see Hari krishnas at the airport anymore? Nope.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Crazyguy: The carts and thier street witnessing is a complete waste of time

But some company over in China made a sackful of money in the manufacturing and sale of those fancy little chariots of god. Who was invested in that company?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I saw a cart up here in the mountains..

This time of year..

There is more mud than most people see in a life time.

Would You Like a Bible Study?..

Image result for business woman in mudImage result for Jehovahs witness literature cart

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

yeah looks like the two women opposite from the carts are the two drones assigned to them. They just don't want to be next to them, lest someone has an actual question that they can't answer.

Why don't they just put a box with litera-trash inside, so that people can open a lid, pick up a copy and go? that is what they do with other free newspapers.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I find it hard to picture Jesus Christ writing his message on a board and then walking away in fear of scaring the reader.

What a joke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit