Unbelievable!

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest social humour

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

You gotta listen to the first 60 seconds of the Special Talk Drivel.

You'll immediately see why I've put this under Jokes & Humour.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODSpecialTalk2020/pub-sp-tk20r_1_VIDEO

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They seem to delight in selecting speakers with deadpan expressions and no enthusiasm...

the U k version was a strange old boy, but I would not mock the afflicted.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Saw him for 10 seconds - had to switch over to the USA speaker.

The introduction is like the coal calling the kettle black!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

... promises: secure employment for life ...

This is exactly what the Watchtowers recruitment promises for Bethel employees have been all these years.

After less than a minute I could already stop the video because I threw up.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Exactly as the two comments above I plainly saw that it could just as easily apply to WT. Make BIG promises...then never deliver. Oh but wait, not having been able to watch more than one or two minutes, did they manage to force in a plea for more money?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I couldn't stand the affected look of deep concern on his face and the condescending tone of his voice for more than 30 seconds. Even in that short length of time it was glaringly obvious that everything he was saying about non JW leaders could have easily been applied to JW leaders.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Since when did Watchtower acknowledge the “United Kingdom” was even a thing? I thought it was “Britain” (England, Scotland, and Wales) and “Ireland” (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) in their worldview.

Does this mean the Republic of Ireland gets a separate talk, and Northern Ireland is now covered by the United Kingdom? Or are they including the Republic of Ireland under “United Kingdom”?

And how come they don’t name the speaker? Because they are just reading a script and the personality?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My mother had the CO visit this week. He told them to expect the Great Tribulation right after this COVID thing has passed. I told her I thought Jesus said it would come "when you least expect it". WTF?

• skin
    skin

The UK talk only goes for 24min, most of the others are around the 30min mark.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh brother they roll the same old scriptures again and again. You can always tell which one is coming.

I well believe the person that claimed Watchtower strictly uses only the same 50 scriptures in all heir talks and publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit