Unbelievable!

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest social humour

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I'm getting a bit sick realizing that I used to do talks like this with the same expressions, gestures, pause, arrggkk

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't know how any person with more functioning brain cells than my wife's houseplants could have given that talk with a straight face.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry, I started to watch the Aussie version but after a minute or so I thought what am I doing ? and shut it down.

I thought, do I really have to download it to watch it ? That just went against my grain.I did it and regretted doing it.

I`m way past all of that crap.

I come on here to hopefully support fellow ex JW`s ,offer my 2 cents worth and hopefully help a lurker or newbie to wake up TTTATT .

Where in the world did they ever get the idea that they are Bible students is beyond me.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Since when did Watchtower acknowledge the “United Kingdom” was even a thing? I thought it was “Britain” (England, Scotland, and Wales) and “Ireland” (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) in their worldview.
    Does this mean the Republic of Ireland gets a separate talk, and Northern Ireland is now covered by the United Kingdom? Or are they including the Republic of Ireland under “United Kingdom

Imho...Having lived in Ireland (south) for many years, the conventions were always held with an all Ireland perspective. This was purely down to logistics. It was easier for people to attend conventions from all parts of Ireland in the one place. So, one year, the convention might be held in cork, the next year Belfast and the next Dublin. Of course jw's are non political, so don't look at borders and regions in the same way. They view Ireland in its entirety based purely on a geographical perspective, being as practical and logistical as possible in feeding "their sheep"

Their reference to the United Kingdom is interesting though from a watchtower perspective

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Apart from the very occassional interesting talk, i have always found that most speakers come across in the same manner or in a similar montone way. Boring talks parroting watchtower teachings with no real heart.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As far as I'm concerned, "sticking to the script" is just one more example of their transition to a full-on e-religion with canned talks, cycling login passwords, and a mandatory monthly membership renewal.

Which just makes the exodus that much easier, IMO.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    the U k version was a strange old boy, but I would not mock the afflicted.

Stephen Hardy, (81) member of Britain Branch Committee and ex Director of KH Trust etc. One of Chelmsford's high rollers!

George

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Religious leaders promise you blessings from God, all you have to do is support them. Promise, hope, disappointment."

Reminds me of what their own Bible says that Jesus said, "(Matthew 12:36, 37) . . . I tell you that men will render an account on Judgment Day for every unprofitable saying that they speak; 37... and by your words you will be condemned.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit