Creative day 7000 years, is this correct and how did the Org come up with this idea?

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Nathan is correct. The 7000 predates Russell and was picked up from the Adventists, who got it from previous writers going back at least into the Middle ages
  • Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

I collected all the relevant WT quotes I could find here:

CREATIVE DAYS - What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Creative Days?

Shit.

I always thought Creative Daze !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I think too that 7 creative days of creation may have been construed from the JW's belief of God's existence. There's a scripture somewhere that states along the line of ''from time indefinite you are and from time indefinite you will be'' and ''1000 years to you God is but a day''. Seven days, or 7 milleniums to complete creation. But nothing in the Bible whatsoever to really state such.
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    The last direct reference to a 7000 year creative day I can recall was in the reference book "Aid to Bible Understanding" circa 1971. It was replaced by the two volume "Insight on the Scriptures" and definitely backed away from the doctrine.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    It's always funny to watch the WTS try and distance itself from creationists whilst still obviously remaining creationists themselves.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the 7000 year day thing really pissed me off back in the 60's---i even tried to pin down old Ron Drage ( DO ) for some kind of explanation. why not 7 million ?

it was only when i found this internet apostate world of information 5 years back that i realised the 7000 years idea had been left to quietly go away.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stan livedeath - “...why not 7 million ?”

Can't give those goddamned evolutionists an inch... they'll take a mile.

Besides, some JW smartypants could start suspecting that the Big A might not come day after tomorrow. :smirk:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wt June 1st 2015 ,article "How Science Affects Your Life"

"The Bible fixes no duration for the six creative “days.” Instead, it opens the door for modern scientists to study them and assign accurate time spans to them. We know that the creative “days” were much longer than 24-hour days."

So now "Science" is to be allowed to determine the length of a Creative Day...Curious and curiouser ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit