Real Prophecy vs. Watchtower Prophecies

by Perry 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Thank you Perry. I enjoyed reading your OP and subsequent replies.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Perry, re. the before-and-after pics...

Sorry, but I have a hard time equating secular reforestation efforts with the fulfilment of Biblical prophecy.

And if this was the result of religious devotees deliberately trying to fulfill prophecy on their own, that doesn't count, either. An extreme example would be going around poking people in the eye whilst telling them they're going to beat the shit out of you. It doesn't make you a prophet, it just makes you an asshole.

Now, if a forest spontaneously sprung up almost overnight, through no effort on humanity's part, that'd be a different matter

• kaik
    kaik

Sorry, but I have a hard time equating secular reforestation efforts with the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

I do too. Reforestation is driven by both economic means and environmental necessities. Israel is an advanced economy and they can figure it out the needs without reasoning from archaic scripts. Currently a large part of Central Europe is experiencing similar trend, and the region is far more forested in 2016 than was at any time since the middle of the 18th century. People do not use wood as much as they used in medieval times where most the Hapsburg empire was cleared of a majority of its forests.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Perry - the majority of members on this forum have all but given up on God. Sad to say but true.

The fact is while many things have improved in the world, many other things have gotten worse yet they are ignored.

Take care.

• kaik
    kaik

the majority of members on this forum have all but given up on God. Sad to say but true.

Not sure what are you referring to in regards of Israel. Israel is a democratic country where people of Jewish faith share life with Muslims, Christians, and one of the largest proportion of self-declared atheists in the world. Israeli does not automatically equate Jew, and not every Jew is an Israeli. The majority of Jews are not Israeli. It shows only how many of the evangelicals are delusional. Additionally, if anyone wants to operate with a New Testament in regards to the Jewish faith, it only shows his or her ignorance of Jews. To Jews, it is irrelevant, nonsense addition to their own holy writings. Jews do not recognize it as their holy book and do not really care much about it. So any fulfillment mentioned in the New Testament toward Israel is only someone's fabrication.

The fact is while many things have improved in the world, many other things have gotten worse yet they are ignored.

Yes, humans are making the world generally better. The life expectancy had risen, child mortality decreased. Instead starvation, people get obese. Even the poorest countries on this planet are plagued by obesity. In some extremely poor countries (Mauritania, Paraguay, Djibouti) has one of the largest obesity rates in human history where 1/3 of the adult population is morbidly obese. Living standard today is incomparable to the living standard of our grandparents. While there are a lot things to improve and not every move forward is good, overall, the life is indeed better. But as the development goes, it is never linear and there will be some regressions like it happened in the 1930's or today as a result of the Great Recession. All these steps are happening regardless of the faith since the Neolithic time and certainly since the Renaissance.

• prologos
    prologos

My favoured real predictions/prophecies,are astronomical. by comparison wt prophecies are comical.

next total solar eclipse,: starting in Oregon, 2017 Aug 31, ~ 9am to South Carolina later in the day. Aligning in size and place while we are here to observe it, predict it. perhaps a non- essential, non-biblical message from a creator.

• cofty
    cofty
    the majority of members on this forum have all but given up on God. Sad to say but true - Tenacious

Why is it sad?

• cofty
    cofty

It was a serious question - clicking "Dislike" isn't an answer.

Why would deciding to live without supernatural beliefs be "sad"?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm interested about the sadness part as well, no doubt a hit and run comment that wont be answered, the reality is maybe our condemnation to an eternity in hell fire saddens him.
  • M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    How does your interpretation of the passage in Isaiah differ from the Jewish interpretation? How could somebody decide which is correct?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit