Real Prophecy vs. Watchtower Prophecies

by Perry 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Perry, I take it that you are Pre-Millennial?
  • Perry
    Perry
    prophecies written after an event, impressive.

Jookbeard,

Israel only became a nation again in 1948. Not sure what you are referring to.

Does anyone remember the "Pure Language" District Convention in 1990?

They applied the prophecy about Israel returning to a pure Hebrew language instead of the Yiddish that Jews spoke around the world to themselves of course.

The actual story of how modern Jews revived and then returned to a dead language is quite remarkable, exactly as predicted.

Wikipedia:

The process of Hebrew's return to regular usage is unique; there are no other examples of a national language without any native speakers subsequently acquiring several million such native speakers, and no other examples of a sacred language becoming a national language with millions of "first language" speakers.

"For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language" Zech. 3:9

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the Neturei Karta offshoot of ultra orthodox Judaism dont seem too impressed with these so called biblical prophecies and call for the state of Israel to be broken up due to the amount of blood that has been shed on its soil, the actual reverse of a prophecy could happen.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

jookbeard:

the Neturei Karta offshoot of ultra orthodox Judaism dont seem too impressed with these so called biblical prophecies and call for the state of Israel to be broken up due to the amount of blood that has been shed on its soil, the actual reverse of a prophecy could happen.

Take note of the 20 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvXCE1Fi1A&feature=player_embedded

A group of Anti-Zionist Orthodox Jews joined an urgent pro-Palestinian counter rally for Palestine, protesting a pro-Israeli rally in Times Square, New York City.

For more information on the Neturei Karta link here.

• Village Idiot
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Wikipedia:

The process of Hebrew's return to regular usage is unique; there are no other examples of a national language without any native speakers subsequently acquiring several million such native speakers...

Hebrew was not a dead language. There were Rabbis and others who spoke Hebrew along with Yiddish long before they returned to Israel. Their patriotism is what made Hebrew the universal language in Israel.

• Perry
    Perry

Village Idiot,

Like I mentioned, God's promises to the nation of Israel are in no way related to their performance to a.) believe him b.) obey him c.) work for his prophecies to come true. It is an unconditional covenant.

If anything, your example is proof against the self-fulfilling prophecy explanation that you seemed to support earlier in this thread.

There are so many biblical prophecies being fulfilled about Israel it is hard to sift through them all.

Here's a couple more:

The lack of available water, including rain, is one reason why Israel had been a desolate, unproductive land during much of the past 2000 years. However the returning Jews have invented and implemented amazing irrigation and farming technology systems.

During the past century, more than 200 million trees have been planted in Israel.

Isaiah 41:18-20

I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set pines in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together, so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

Isaiah 27: 6 said Israel's fruit would fill the world

He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.

Israel: Fresh and processed food export $ 2.4 billion

The value of Israeli fresh agricultural exports doubled in the last decade and the value of exports to Russia increased by a factor of 10, from $23 million in 2003 to $226 million in 2012

Israel's exports to the EU almost doubled from $552 million in 2003 to $961 million in 2012 and the total export of agricultural fresh produce and processed food has almost doubled from $1.2 billion in 2003 to $2.4 billion in 2012.

Article

Bible Prophecy is exploding all around us. We just need to choose to see it.

Before:

After:

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    bible prophecy exploding around us! one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard for some time,when islam is the fastest and biggest growing belief system on the planet, I doubt that fulfils any biblical prophecy
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

What a WONDERFUL country Israel is! They need to keep building settlements in the west bank. God says they should live there.

Beam me the hell up Scotty.

• kaik
    kaik

Remarkably, the regathering of the nation of Israel was predicted –not just in one passage –but in dozens of passages in the Bible. It appears that multiple authors in the Bible (both Old and New Testament) believed that God would restore the nation of Israel as a sovereign state on their original land. In the last fifty years, we have seen this prediction come to fruition. John Walvoord comments, “The restoration of Israel to its ancient land and its establishment as a political government is without parallel in the history of the world.

Nonsense. Majority of Jews lives outside of Israel and many are not interested to live there. As someone married to orthodox Jew, none of my in-laws were ever in Israel and they do not desire to visit it either at this point. Many ultra-orthodox Jews do not recognize state of Israel. On the other hand, Israel has one of the largest atheistic population in the world, where people do not believe any Deity. Also Israel is multi-cultural society with Christians and Muslims living there. Israel is just another country in the world. It has a share of problems like any country in the world. It is funny how many Americans are not aware of them or the media does not make them available like corruption, chronic economic problems, and unemployment rate. From time to time, Israel experience huge strikes where up to 100,000 demonstrated against government for various social and economic failing like any other country on the Earth. Many Israelis also leave the country to seek better opportunities abroad like do other countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit