It's not the same religion anymore.

by punkofnice 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    TWoY - Now they are having less arrangements to keep on top of. Path of least resistance.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is this really unexpected since the WTS has been corruptly lying to people to cultivate its followers ?

The game now is into trying retain its followers, through deceptive tactics.

One can say the game is more about cultivating money and building bright shiny new Kingdom Halls or modernized Branches . If they cant seduce people by pretentiously corrupt doctrines (fear mongering), will do it by making their facilities attractive and alluring.

Ironically the Kingdom Halls they are building now look more like banks or commercial buildings rather than a place of religious worship.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness
    My husband always said the KH's look like funeral homes.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Faithful Witness - "My husband always said the KH's look like funeral homes.''

I wonder how many of the ones that have been sold are being used that way... :smirk:

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

For better or worse, it is not the same religion. It is not the same religion that I grew up in. It is not the same religion that I was baptized in. It is not even the same religion that it was 5 years ago. I am not being nostalgic, just making a point.

Every change is great according to most dubs.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I was born in 1952. My mother was studying with the witnesses then and it was not long before she was a staunch believer. I can say the Watchtower Society has changed immensely in all these years. When I was a child there was not the money grabbing that has been going on for decades now. There was a real sense of urgency in doing the preaching work. And when you went out in service, you did not take breaks. I can remember being so hungry by the time we got done and went home. The Kingdom Ministry, which I believe was called something like "Kingdom Service" back then, each month listed peaks of publishers in different countries and we were all so proud to see increases everywhere, but of course at that time it was not nearly in the numbers seen in later years. Their teachings were all wrong of course, but it seems to me there was a more defined sense of it - not all the waffling we have seen in later years (this is wrong - you can't do it; new light - now you can do it, etc.). It was very rigid, of course.

My observation is that as we have become more technologically advanced and information and communication have become readily available, they have had to make changes to stay in existence. And they have had to reduce meetings, etc. to let up on time restrictions on people in today's world. And the money hunger - just amazes me how people can follow along when they are constantly being fleeced. It just shows how deeply they are deceived.

In looking at the evolution over the years, I can clearly see the progression of corruption. This is a religious organization that just sickens me, but truthfully I have not a lot of respect for any religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has always made it their intention to make their Kingdom Halls not look like churches.

It has been a deliberate attempt to distance themselves from the rest of Christendom entirely.

With that in mind and the fact the WTS wants to build Kingdom Halls fast and cheaply as possible ,

such as using its own adherent members to build them.

These facilities look more like bland commercial buildings and structured like an operative business

was using it. .... maybe even a publishing company.

One wait a second, the Watchtower Corporation is an operative business disguising itself as a religion.

Oh Snap

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

mimimimi - "And the money hunger - just amazes me how people can follow along when they are constantly being fleeced."

Almost makes you wonder if the WTS is so money-hungry because more and more JWs have figured out they've been fleeced. :smirk:

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I always feel for the old-timers; some even widows & widowers. Now old with limited fixed income, the main source of spiritual food is online. How are they expected to get modern TVs with HDMI, subscribe to Roku, get a tablet or computer--then learn how to use it? I've seen nothing in any recent articles about special arrangements for them to learn the new tech or even meet & view the monthly broadcasts.

And for any older folks who feel left behind at the latest rebranding, they can't complain. Since 2007/08, there are paragraphs in WT articles subtly hinting at massive changes and how we must accept them even if they don't make sense from a human standpoint. The bOrg has known and been planning all of this for 7 or 8 years now.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It isn't. My JW Wife commented to me after the big mid-week meeting announcement "are we still called JW's anymore??"

More like "Website Witnesses" what with all the promotion of JW dot ORG.

We are Website Witnesses,

We click our mouse with fearlessness,

Ours is the God of Search Engine Accessibility

Google his name and you'll see

My husband always said the KH's look like funeral homes.

I've thought that same thing for years and toward the end of my JW career, the meetings seemed more and more like attending funerals rather than uplifting events that gave you the strength to carry on. It finally dawned on me why so many JW's are depressed. (including myself)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit