It's not the same religion anymore.

by punkofnice 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I still laugh every time I see that stupid logo!! My husband actually seen a local business truck sporting the logo on a bumper sticker!
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Talk about this not being the same religion anymore! This religion used to brag about being the only worshipers of God who held his name soo sacred and how proud they were to pronounce it and make it known. The following are just a few examples of how WT has downgraded and declassed the use of the name.

(1) jw.org,library,

(2) JW Broadcasting,

(3) jw.org website.

(4) The widely circulated jw.org blue logo

(5) and the official email [email protected]

I understand that a trend is now developing among JWs that when you have a sudden need to call on God-you can now just scream out..."YO J"!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The watchtower seems to be more blatant in its idolatry.

Logos

Governing body worship

....what else?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Kingdom Halls looking like funeral homes."

This happened to the old Columbia Congregation in Lancaster County, PA. Was disbanded (merged into another Mt. Joy congregation), and then sold off to become a funeral home. I believe this is also what happened to the old Red Lion Congregation in York County if memory serves me right.

How fitting. Truly, let the dead bury the dead.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truthseekeriam - "My husband actually seen a local business truck sporting the logo on a bumper sticker!"

"Honk if you're holy..."

"How's my driving? Call 1-800-JW-STUDY..."

"My other car is Jehovah's chariot..."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    vid - "My other car is Jehovah's chariot..."

Classic. Yet not out of the bounds of possibility...well, as far as bumper stickers go.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

It used to cause a stir if the brothers wore a YHWH label pin or it was put on licence plates. It was taking the name of the Lord too casually and they were counciled. Now they don't even proclaim it in that way, it's shortened to jw.org.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ 4thgen...

Maybe instead of "J-Dubs", we should call them "J-Worgs", now...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    4thgen - I remember a kingdom hell that had to remove the yhwh logo from their gates. You're right. The idolotry has gone off the scale with the WBT$.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    A family member told me as of Jan everything is changing. ANd they are so glad because they were getting so bored with it and Jehovah must have known and inspired the GB to make all these changes so it's more interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit