It's not the same religion anymore.

by punkofnice 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That was a quote from a dyed in the wool JW recently. It WAS a complaint.

We all know that with 'new light(tm)' that the watchtower corporation's version of 'religion' has kept changing for a long time. Since I remember.....and I go back a long way too.

I only hope that all the recent re breanding that these changes are a culture shock to the r&f and will wake many up.

Of course, there are those that have invested a lot into their faith so won't be easily moved.

I just hope!

• Splash
    Splash
    Some are so invested that even if the Society started putting idols in the KHalls, they would consider themselves at fault for questioning the GB.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Splosh - Yes, this is true. It's their religion, right or wrong.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I only hope that all the recent re breanding that these changes are a culture shock to the r&f and will wake many up.

It is waking up a few. They are joining us here.

Don't hold your breath for a big exodus. They are blinded and delusional. I was, too.

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DoC - Don't hold your breath for a big exodus

Breath not held, I can tell ya.

I'm really interested to know how many long term, dyed on the wool JWs are waking up though. You know, those people that you'd never expect to wake up.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"I don't know for a fact but I know it is the truth!"

As long as that is the average believing JW's level of reasoning the WTBTS is not going anywhere soon. Though they are giving a great impression on how an organization implodes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Giordano - Confirmation bias is a swine, especially when it's re-inforced by the WBT$ mind control.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

It isn't. My JW Wife commented to me after the big mid-week meeting announcement "are we still called JW's anymore??" of course that flash of independent thinking is quickly shoved aside with comments such as "well this might keep the kids more interested.."

I think this was the reaction of most JWs to these changes initial shock, a knee-jerk reaction that is quickly stifled by cognitive dissonance. They then adapt, tow the line, and look down on those who don't.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Splash:

Some are so invested that even if the Society started putting idols in the KHalls, they would consider themselves at fault for questioning the GB

Splash, they already have. Caleb & Sophia ones!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

XBE - The old JW superiority wins.

Diverge - And don't they have the idol like logo on the kingdon hells?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit