Memorial 2016

by Flg8ter 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    As a DF'd fully awake x-j dub I'm thinking of going to my old hall this year for the memorial. I'm gonna dress in street clothes, (I have a beard), and partake just to see the faces. haha
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The WT has it right (of course) so STFU and ignore ALL other resources and authorities on this subject!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How can anyone have it right ever, I ask ?

When you consider that the Gospels do not agree on when Jesus died, surely no one can know for sure when he had his Last Supper , or even his last Big Mac and Cheese ?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''When you consider that the Gospels do not agree on when Jesus died, surely no one can know for sure when he had his Last Supper , or even his last Big Mac and Cheese ?''

Here's the thing, I don't think anybody really knows, that's the reality. They just see that the first full moon is immediately after the Spring equinox and they choose that. But, mmm Big Macs!!!

• Scully
    Scully

WT's way of determining the date for The Memorialâ„¢ has always been

the first full moon following the spring equinox

The spring equinox is usually around March 20-21, and from there they decide when the full moon will be visible over Jerusalem. Sometimes it coincides with Passover or Easter, but often times it doesn't.

Nisan 14 in 2016 falls on April 22. I wonder how the average JW would reconcile that discrepancy?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Nisan 14 in 2016 falls on April 22. I wonder how the average JW would reconcile that discrepancy?''

They couldn't. They would just get a puzzled look on their face, offer a tract and scurry away.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Almost impossible, but could it be better than 2015 edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7marS2MTaUI

• St George of England
    St George of England

If you check the Memorial outline you will see that:

• Nisan is NEVER MENTIONED
    • The Exodus is NEVER MENTIONED
    • Passover is NEVER MENTIONED

This meeting has become just about Jesus, the new covenant and why you should not partake of the emblems. Potentially embarrassing questions about lunar calculations have been forgotten.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit