Memorial 2016

by Flg8ter 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter
    The memorial is on March 23 this year. But all the official Jewish calendars has Nissan 14 as April 22! April 22 is the start of Passover! I remember this happened a year or so ago.....but has anyone heard or told an explanation for the discrepancy? I mean I'd imagine the Jewish faith and nation may have a better handle on their own calendar then a group of guys sitting in NY!
  • St George of England
    St George of England

The Jews work from the ASTRONOMICAL New Moon, the WT works from when they think the New Moon will be VISIBLE over Jerusalem.

George

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    What?! How did they get so off. And my kitchen calendar says passover is April 23rd. Is it 23 after sundown starts Nissan 14 or 22nd after sundown. Jewish days are sunset to sunset right?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It is interesting how it turned-out this year. BTW, does anybody have the numbers on the memorial partakers from last year and how much of an increase from 2014.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

What would the Jews know about Passover over the WT org?
    Not like they were the ones who invented Passover....

... oh

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I think I will attend this year I'm walking in the door and yell, I'am Back!!! pass the wine.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Beth Sarim

There were 1,056 more than in 2015 than 2014 memorial partakers.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Holy, Wow. Thanks ttdtt!!!!

That's a shocking jump in partakers. Maybe we will see a 10,000 jump one of these years.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Have they changed the teaching, is the Great crowd the Anointed now??? LOL
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire
    Well last year the local dubs got a surprise. While everyone was passing crackers and wine, someone put anti-JW flyers all over the parking lot on the JW's cars etc. Wasn't me but wished I had thought of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit