What are the biggest holes in evolution?

by shadow 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Dang! just had the plumber in who kept asking questions so I posted the above on the wrong thread.............
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

In 14 years have you ever held a conversation Outlaw?

Yes, but apparently Outlaw is bit more primitive in that he communicates by drawings....um...I meant pictures.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I do not feel qualified to analyze evolution and decide if that is the case based on the presented evidence.The evidence shown in support of evolution is very persuasive to me but I just do not know. I have concluded in a loving creator that fights for those that he loves, to me, that is a fact and even if evolution turned out to be the case it would not change what I know is a fact.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you redefine the meaning of the word 'fact' then what you say makes sense Fisherman, otherwise . . .

The truth is that everyone is qualified to investigate evolution even if it's on a simple level. Don't undersell yourself by believing it's beyond you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

nic,

Fact simply means something that can be measured or if you take a hammer and strike a rock. NO question of it being real. In terms of learning evolution as a working system, anyone is qualified to do so. I suppose that any reasonable jury can listen to evidence and conclude from solid evidence -given that the evidence is true- but they just do not know for a fact. Have you measured that humans were not human until they evolved? Do you know that humanity is a product of evolution? What makes you qualified to know that evolution is the case?

• cofty
    cofty
    Do you know that humanity is a product of evolution?

Yes 100%

fact
    fakt/
    noun
    1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yes 100%

How do you know?

• cofty
    cofty

Exactly the same way I know the earth isn't flat. The evidence is overwhelming.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

Cold Steel:

1) It seems predicated on the assumption that there is no God, or intelligent designer.

Wrong. Evolution doesn't make an assumption one way or the other on the subject of God.

2) The idea that simple organisms can mutate into increasingly complex ones. I'd like to see some evidence this is possible. To think 1-cell organisms can mutate, without a great deal of outside help, into modern humans over a long period of time, is difficult for me to accept.

First off, you are somewhat correct. In a closed system, single-cell organisms cannot mutate without outside influence.

Here's a nice summary of your talking point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ShyXSHsbc&list=PLsmqeqKj7M-rZe1C9PUon8V-VQ1tZj5NF&index=8

One example of single-cell organisms changing to more complex multi-cellular organisms is during pregnancy. A fertilized egg is considered a single-cell organism. The cell then starts dividing during the development of the fetus. This isn't an example of "evolution" per se, however it is an example of how a single cell can change into a more complex organism.

3) That life and intelligence can evolve from a spontaneous action.

The "spontaneous life" question isn't one for the subject of evolution. It's one for the subject of abiogenesis. Both pertain to biology, however they are separate subjects. Evolution is the explanation of species evolving from a common ancestor. Abiogenesis is the study of how life began in the first place.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Although all things that have been proven are facts, truths are are not dependent on being proven but they continue to be the case whether or not they can be proven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit