What are the biggest holes in evolution?

by shadow 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shadow
    shadow
    How honest are the proponents of evolution? idk but curious to see what type of response there is on a topic like this or does their study only seek to confirm their preconceptions and ignore uncomfortable facts?
  • cofty
    cofty

There is a basic fact at the core of evolution that is beyond all reasonable dispute.

Every living thing evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years.

This is as sure as anything we can say with confidence.

There are lots and lots of details about the process that are less certain but none of these change the basic fact.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

does their study only seek to confirm their preconceptions and ignore uncomfortable facts?

Please state these 'uncomfortable facts' at the outset.

Ta.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What are the biggest holes in evolution?

...How About a Black Hole?..

Image result for what happens inside a black hole...Image result for Creationists word

.....................................Image result for hillbilly

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

How honest are the proponents of evolution? - good question. I can give as an answer the example of my senior lecturer at uni. She said that there is evidence for evolution but we students didn't have to accept it. We could believe other things but we had to understand evolution.

Now, how many creationists teaching in creationist schools would be so open minded?

• cofty
    cofty

By the way I think the OP is a very valid question and doesn't deserve Outlaw's mockery.

The objections to evolution have changed as science progresses. In recent decades they have tended to focus on the complexity of living things at a molecular level.

Things like the bacterial flagellum and the blood-clotting cascade became the poster children of the ID movement a few years ago but these have been answered very fully. They actually became the focus of the court case Kitzmiller v Dover school board. I'm not sure where evolution doubters can go next.

I always try to seek out the best arguments against my beliefs but I can honestly say I have never encountered a compelling argument against evolution.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

By the way I think the OP is a very valid question and

doesn't deserve Outlaw's mockery.....cofty

........Image result for Arrogant........///////....Image result for nobody cares

• cofty
    cofty

In 14 years have you ever held a conversation Outlaw?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    shadow : How honest are the proponents of evolution? idk but curious to see what type of response there is on a topic like this or does their study only seek to confirm their preconceptions and ignore uncomfortable facts?
    I do not know how to count the number of people engaged in evolutionary research, but I'm guessing it must run into thousands. It is likely that we can find all kinds of human attitudes and motivations among those many people.
    But surely the main point is that all decent research is open to peer review, and is usually peer reviewed at some point. Difficulties in good research are not swept under the carpet and glossed over. As an example you can check the first post I made in the thread I started today on human evolution. That post discussed some difficulties that have emerged. (Mainly because of the nature of the evidence).
    But as Cofty posted in this thread:
    There are lots and lots of details about the process that are less certain but none of these change the basic fact.
    Even more basic is that the question can be reduced to this, "How did humans come to exist on this planet?"
    Faith based Christian religions, a rather small minority of the 2.2 billion professed Christians* in the world insist that it is by special creation. If you ask the same questions that you suggest should be asked about evolutionary scientists, what answers do you think that you will get?

*Note, for example, that more than half of the Christians in the world are Roman Cantholic. That church accepts evolution (though it qualifies that acceptance by arguing that it is 'divinely directed.' I understand that Catholic Universities (and schools) teach evolutionary history. So in the end I suspect, that only a minority of so-called Christians believe in a special creation and accept Genesis 1 as revealed truth.
    Would you agree?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It is a good question... so wondering if there'll be any good answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit