Watchtower Study on 5th December.

by Lost in the fog 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Do they mention what happens when joke-hova is the one getting disfellowshipped? For enslaving the whole earth and ruining it, exploiting it for its own benefit. That abomination of a god deserves to be disfellowshipped.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My husband and I just woke up three days ago because I was on the brink of suicide… I thought it was ironic that this was the study for the week that I told him we’ve dedicated 16 years to a cult.

Any advice on how to break the news to our family members? I have an aunt and grandparents and husband has mom and sisters. ~ CJAsher

CJ -- do not do anything hastily! STFU! Don't talk about it to anyone while you are still upset. Don't let emotion overrun reason.

If you want to maintain some kind of limited relationship with those family members you must avoid doing anything that will get you DF/DA. For at least the time being, your best option is to "ease out". Just become "inactive". WE CALL IT FADING. (You can always leave later, but you can never get back in -- at least not without eating shit.)

You do not mention what is it that woke you up, but if you can spin it in such a way to say that you are "stumbled" then there is your excuse for quitting meetings and Field Circus.

Remember DO NOT DISCUSS IT WITH ANYONE! Your best friend will turn you in while thinking they are helping to "snatch you out of the fire" and save your (future everlasting) life! If directly asked why you're not attending of inactive, just say you need some time away. Blame it on stress or depression or being stumbled or whatever best fits your situation.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome CJ Asher just take things slow and easy ,especially be careful what you say to "friends" still in the religion.

Take care.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WTBT$ are duplicitous lying scum. Look what was written...

Awake! January 8th 1947, disfellowshipping has pagan origins:
    Where, then, did this practice originate? The Encyclopaedia Britannica says that papal excommunication is not without pagan influence, "and its variations cannot be adequately explained unless account be taken of several non-Christian analogues of excommunication." The superstitious Greeks believed that when an excommunicated person died the Devil entered the body, and therefore, "in order to prevent it, the relatives of the deceased cut his body in pieces and boil them in wine." Even the Druids had a method of expelling those who lost faith in their religious superstitions. It was therefore after Catholicism adopted its pagan practices, A.D. 325, that this new chapter in religious excommunication was written.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am indebted to Paul Grundy’s site JW Facts for the information that Disfellowshipping , as we know it, only came in 1952… just 5 years after they published the above quote.

So for over 70 years they existed without it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit