elder visit update

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

If memory serves me correctly, the society has changed their website regarding their shunning policies. Probably due to pressure from honest people, they now say something to the effect that they do shun people who are disfellowshipped, except in the case of relatives living in the same house. No mention is made of people who just "walk away."

Mulan:

I really feel for you. I've never had an "elders visit" since I walked away last year. I honestly do not think I would be able to contain my indignation.

I'm glad they were "nice."

Bradley

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

hi mulan

the term 'spiritual fascists' springs to mind

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mulan:

I am glad that you survived the interrogation. I think that they will be back though. You still didn't answer the BIG question... Nice or not.....they have an agenda to meet that the society has put in front of them, and will not give up their hounding I think. Nice.....these nice guys are about to drag your name through the mud....this is one screwed up and scary organization.

shamus is right......"they suck" bigtime!

Mrs. Shakita

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

GRRRRRRR They make you so angry and have to read scriptures and make it so you look bad !

Ooooh they make me sooooo angry !!!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks Mulan for this valuable insight into the machinations of the process. I sincerely hope that dubs and lurkers read this. It just might make them think.....well, it might!

It's worth reperating that the "order of events" was 'by the book' culminating in the sly question "Do you consider yourselves to be JWs?" This is a trap of the highest order. (Sorry that's a mixed metaphor!) But you know what I mean, eh?

In the meantime, be sure of our continued interest and warm regards, and say G'day to Dave for us.

Cheers, Ozzie

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You handled that VERY WELL !!!!!!

BTW, I also see references made here that the Society has information on its website that people are not shunned when they simply leave the Borg.

I searched the site and did not find anything. Has anyone seen it? What topic?

***** Rub a Dub

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Elders #1 and #2: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yuk! What absolutely terrible accents!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Dave & Mulan.

Love,

Dansk

• jwsons
    jwsons

Mulan,

Let me tell you my case. After two elders finished their bla bla. I gave them 4-pages document all quoted directly from Watchtower CD Library (I wellknown my D-Day will come so I prepared it in advance) about all flip-flop truths and did mentioned them that all the printed material in those 4 pages purely from Wacthtower magazines, nothing else. When they left about 15 minutes, I found my 4-pages document in the rubish-bin outside the apartment. They scare to read their own rubbish !!!!! HeHeHe !!!!

jwsons

• jwsons
    jwsons

And the best elders visit should be from our brother who has his experience printed on Watchtower and Awake. Here is Rami Oved's experience:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38098&site=3

jwsons

• Mulan
    Mulan
    When they left about 15 minutes, I found my 4-pages document in the rubish-bin outside the apartment.

How typical. What are they afraid of? Dave and I are no threat to anyone. We don't talk about what we know with anyone but others like us. Never mind. I know the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit