elder visit update

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Elder #1 - former father in law of our daughter in law's sister, and 75 years old.

Elder #2: WT conductor at our former congregation. Never met him before............very nice man, about 50.

The two elders were here for a little over an hour. This is how it went, for the most part, leaving out some really boring stuff about attending meetings, J's organization, etc.:

Elder #1: blah blah blah blah blah read scripture. blah blah blah blah blah read another scripture.

Elder #2: I wasn't here when you left, so I wasn't aware. blah blah blah blah blah. Thank you for your letter, about your mother. It has been very helpful to us, in taking care of her needs. blah blah blah blah blah

Dave: blah blah blah blah blah (lots of blah blahs)

Me: blah blah blah blah blah The way you've hurt my mother is terrible, and unforgiveable. (really pouring it on)

After about 40 minutes of this.....................

Elder #1: It sounds like you don't think of yourselves as Jehovah's witnesses anymore

Me: Do you consider us Jehovah's witnesses?

Dave: Good question...............do you?

Elder #1: blah blah blah blah blah Let's read this scripture. Do you consider yourself to be Jehovah's witnesses?

Dave (getting really pissed............surprisingly.............it's usually me): You want me to say I don't because then you can make an announcement. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Elder #2: It's our policy blah blah blah blah blah We need to inform the congregation if you are disassociating yourselves.

Dave.....REALLY pissed now: blah blah blah blah blah That isn't why disassociation was instigated in the organization. blah blah blah blah blah This is why: blah blah blah blah blah

Elder #1: Agrees and sort of restates same thought about cong. needing to know so they don't talk to us.

Me: They already don't talk to us. Why do you want to make that announcement, other than it being "your policy"?

Elders #1 and #2: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Dave: I want to think about this. It would have an impact on my mother in law and for no other reason. For us, it would make no difference, but we are not a threat to the congregation.

Elders #1 and #2: That would be fine. blah blah blah

Dave doesn't think they will be back................until they see the Christmas tree...........or the lighted Jack O Lantern.

It was okay and they were really very nice. We didn't really hold back..............well I did, but only because Dave asked me to "keep quiet" before they got here.

• Scully
    Scully

Interesting that they overlooked the statement on the OFFICIAL WTS website that says something to the effect that people who "simply leave the faith are not shunned".

Why didn't they let you take THAT option?? Or doesn't that statement conform to "policy"?

JERKS!! That's what they are...

Love, Scully

• Mulan
    Mulan
    "simply leave the faith are not shunned". Why didn't they let you take THAT option??

We asked and they said they couldn't answer why others shun us. Elder #1 asked why we wouldn't make the decaration of not being a JW?

I said "why would we?" They already don't talk to us. The only thing that would change is making it more difficult for my mother.

• shamus
    shamus

Why don't you tell them to get lost and don't come back. They suck.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Good going - those poor minds that are so trapped into thinking only one way even when given another acceptable option

• wednesday
    wednesday

Mulan,

I do understand about your mom. I endured taking my mom to the WT study for a year b/c it was important to her mental health. and b/c hardly anyone would come visit her even though she had been a pioneer in WW2 and faithful all her life. My husband and i have done a lot of talking lately and i think he really would not care if we ever went agian, but his family is in the truth, and i still have some extended family in the truth. It would make it hard on my husband. My bro already shuns us and has for years. Funny, i have a cousin who has not attended in years and they nearly kiss her arse being so nice. her father is an elder. So i guess u can just stop . and have people continue inviting u over, if u know the right people.

Personally, i think DA give them an easy out. It is jsut a legal thing. don't make it easy them. I like what BT and CH did, writing that letter about her dad.

I have suffered abuse at their hands. I will be darn if i make it easy on them. they will have to find a reason to DF me.

weds

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Scully,

Interesting that they overlooked the statement on the OFFICIAL WTS website that says something to the effect that people who "simply leave the faith are not shunned".

You probably already know this but I will say it anyway:

The local elders do not get online and check what the Wt is saying on their Website. Many do not know the WT has a web site, those who do would not consider it a place to find up to date WT policy. The WWW is a place for God's Organization to deal with Satan's attack on God's people, but not a place for Christians to look for guidance. But the US judicial system may look at the info found at the Official WT Web Site as relevant evidence.

Mulan,

They already don't talk to us. The only thing that would change is making it more difficult for my mother.

This is the argument I used on the local JC. We were already shunned, we were leaving the local Bros and Sis alone, all they could do is harm my family by legalistically pushing this to the limit. They went ahead and DF'd resulting in cherished freedom for us but brought harm only to their own people, my relatives, who depend on us.

Hopefully this will pass without affecting your Jw parents who depend on you.

Jst2laws

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Glad it's over sweetie. Looks like you and Dave managed to avoid the pitfalls they had laid for you. Good for you!!! I don't know how you held back, I don't know if I could have LOL!

It's so encouraging to know that the blah blah blah of the loving blah blah has not changed, makes me glad that I'm still out, and not in. ;)

love ya much! :)

essie

• Princess
    Princess

god, what a miserable religion...sure don't miss it

• Mulan
    Mulan

Rachel, I wondered for awhile why your Dad asked me to keep quiet. He got so mad, and was really letting them have it. I thought for sure they would leave with their intent obvious. He said he was so offended by the way they implied only those who go to meetings at the KH are spiritual and kept reading out of context scriptures.

I was so pristine in comparison. It was really very enjoyable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit