Would You EVER Go Back To Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    schnell 2 hours ago

No.

(I thought that was kind of funny when I read the post above.)

That's my answer about going back, too: Schnell No!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS religion might be for someone who's looking for a crutch to uplift their self image of themselves or they are just so ignorant and gullible to not see the operative fraud going on with the Watchtower Corporation.

• Sorry
    Sorry

Tbh, I did try leaving once (the details are for a different post). In a nutshell, I told my family I didn't feel comfortable being a Witness anymore, and I simply left and stayed elsewhere. At first they cut off my phone so I'd have no contact with anyone else (because they were punishing me for eating with a male friend), and they made me call my ride with them listening on their home phone. I left and for a few hours I was okay.

Then my phone magically turned back on. Then came the pleading calls. How my father misses me and has barely eaten or slept. How they just don't understand why I'm throwing everything away. How I can't afford to go to college and have a roommate on a disability check. And they told me they'd contact the SSI administration so I'd have my disability check revoked due to my new status as a roommate. I was already on an emotional rollercoaster, and their calls made everything worse. They kept going on about how I'd be dead and they'd be enjoying paradise with my deceased grandparents. I know it's all bullshit, but they sounded completely depressed about it, like they genuinely believed if I was no longer a JW, I was good as dead and they couldn't stand the thought of living without me. I felt so conflicted because when I left, I tried hugging everyone. My dad gave me a big squeeze, and my mom just pushed me away and gave me the cold shoulder. I was shocked and thought they didn't love me at all. And yet here they were, pretty much begging me to come back at least until I was more stable.

And despite them showing me their true colors, I came back. I know I'm weak. But they fully buy into the whole JW life/death thing, and my leaving kinda traumatized them. It's been a few months since I tried to leave, and I somewhat regret my decision. But what can I say? I guess I love too much...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

J. Taylor.. "I'd rather drink muddy water or sleep in a hollow log"......

• smiddy
    smiddy

Who the bloody hell is Jehovah ? A made up God by a catholic spanish monk no less.If you are talking about the God of the first 5 books of the Bible ,which one ? There appears to be many apart from the tetragrammaton.

And their are obvious other Gods /peers of the one who stated " Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad " Gen.3:22

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When pigs can fly

http://www.freedomandjoy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Pigs-flying.jpg

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

And die a slave? No. This exJW is cramming as much life into his life before his life ends.

• millie210
    millie210

Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

There is no aspect of the religion that would be enticing. When I was a child I thought they had all the answers. But as an adult with critical thinking skills, I know their teachings are uneducated fantasy based upon greed and control.

I keep thinking back to the people of my youth that I thought were intelligent people, and realize they were bumbling idiots. I'm now 40 with a great career and financial assets. I travel the world and enjoy life, something that wouldn't have happened as a JW. I went to visit my mother and those same people from my youth are in their 60's and 70s. They are in poverty and still are a slave to the religion in mind, spirit, and body.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Would I go back to Pre-School ?

Nah, not even if the female teachers were very sexy.

JW's have nothing to offer someone like me, with half a brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit