Would You EVER Go Back To Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Never. Give me liberty or give me death. It is a question of freedom or slavery. Freedom to make my own decisions how to live and my own mistakes. I take the responsibility for my life, I don't blame Satan when things go wrong. When I get it right it's beautiful.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I can't see how I would at the present time. However, when I was a witness I couldn't see how I could ever not be a witness but here I am and so maybe.

• minimus
    minimus

Great comments here!

• dozy
    dozy

I think once you have seen the man behind the curtain , the whole show is never quite the same again.

I wouldn't deny that occasionally I miss some of my old friends & family - you can never really replicate all those shared experiences from childhood. But then you think of the incredible tedium & repetitive counsel from the meetings or the totally soul destroying pointless activity that is field service and the need to submit to a series of often arbitrary rules and submission to a bunch of elderly men from New York state. So - never again...

• lancelink
    lancelink

Nope, my witness life consisted of growing up with parents and sisters in this religion. there were Good times, but the overwhelming craziness was always in the background. Then I got married, and we raised our kids as jw's. they both bolted away when grown up.

Now to return, and hopefully try and renew that life, get back with old friends, and continue on ???? That to me is just plain desperation. Life moves on, old friends grow old, their kids move on, new people come in, it would be a total new group. And with the stigma of actually having left the religion, I would be totally miserable.

an old friend who was a cop divorced his wife, got df'd and recently returned to the witness fold. He told me that he "misses the friends, and he wants people to attend his funeral when he dies😯. That was three years ago, and I've heard that he moved to another hall because he cannot stand the elders.

I just shake my head and take several deep breaths when I hear what he is doing.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I think I would become physically ill if I tried, for some obscure reason, to return to the jw sect.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I once had a day dream of what would happen if I were to suffer from amnesia and forgotten about my past disfellowshipping. Would I in my ignorance return to the JWs if that's the last thing I remember? Maybe I would but I would soon leave even if I didn't remember the TTATT.
  • blondie
    blondie

Never....17 years and counting. Have never been to a meeting, assembly, convention, wedding, memorial, or funeral since then. I have sent sympathy cards to a few people who were sincerely kind to me in spite of some backlash to them.

Even if somehow paradise on earth proved to be true, I would rather die living a short life free from them than live eternally around those unloving people.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

As far as I am concerned a guillotine of any type would be a better choice for me.

• schnell
    schnell

No.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit