Our congregation will be deleted

by Rattigan350 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I hated that term deleted, it sounds like a person was executed, or that all non-jws will be deleted permanently at Armageddon.

• LV101
    LV101
    Hahaha -- now, VID -- that's an explanation/clarification!
  • hoser
    hoser

Kinda reminds me of when I was factory foreman in a failing company I once worked for ( before they went tits up)

The manager would tell the staff not to listen to the rumors of the financial health of the company so the employees wouldn’t quit and he and his wife could extract everything they could before the bank came in and changed the locks on the office doors

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blondie, I heard that the elders got a letter from the Branch stating that the congregation that does not hold title to the Kingdom Hall would be dissolved. I thought the Watchtower Society held title to all the Kingdom Halls. Or the local congregations hold title until the Watchtower Society wants it to be liquidated and then they obey.

• blondie
    blondie

I think what they meant was the congregation whose territory the KH is in, is the congregation that does all the legal steps required to keep the non-profit status and does the yearly requirements (just to fullfill the letter of the law). They are still just a member non-profit, the WTS is the parent non-profit and has the legal right/authority to dissolve congregations

• hoser
    hoser

The way it used to work was the empty Kingdom Hall would belong to the congregation that currently held the territory.

The local brothers would be responsible for maintenance and utilities until it sold.

After they did all the work and took some personal risk they would hand over a tidy profit to the branch.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blondie, Back around 2012 there was one cong using the Hall. Then they formed a new congregation out of that one and the surrounding ones, the one we attend. The Hall was in the territory of the new one. According to county records the Hall is in the name of the original congregation. (Though it listed the owner as a former elder in my congregation). I was told that they letter from the Branch said to dissolve the new congregation as they would not have to change any county records and it will simpler. I don't see a difference in dissolving congregations where 2 or more where at a Hall. The thing that makes no sense is when they sell Halls and then force people to go 20 or more miles away. People will drop out as it then costs them more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The internal business model ingrained within the WTS/JWS was inevitably going to fail, if not for the doctrines which really didn't have bible support and were actually apostate in their originality, it was going to be something else.

If it wasn't for the the growing accumulated assets $$$ own by the WTS over years through donations and for the Kingdom Hall renovations paid for by member, the WTS today might be in serious financial trouble, but its not for now at least.

The WTS to date has world wide over 3 billion US in real estate holdings and money so dont expect the WTS/JWworg. to go away anytime soon.

The WTS directors the GB members are discretely hiding its wealth, always proclaiming that the organization is poor and needs more money, even asking children to give up their candy money.

Faithfully Discreet Slave to corruption as always.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I agree with the poster that said, a healthy organization does not sell off assets, unless to invest in more financially productive assets.

Asset dumping is a big red flag on the balance sheet. It makes a company look nice on a cash flow report, but it's a deep sign of trouble because liquidated assets can be liquidated only once.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm a skeptic and no real estate co can keep half-filled (half productive) buildings sitting around. I think they're reinvesting all these mammoth profits. They're paying professional investment cos/real estate lawyers to worry about the religion's finances (term "religion" is hilarious). The 8 Great or whatever they're coined are more than experienced and knowledgeable re/cult manual (brainwashing/false promises - fresh carrots/lol) and control of the sheep/goats.

Loss of members is never healthy but for the next century what do the ruling class and their ilk have to worry about -- nothing. Hope I'm 100% wrong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit