JW anti-gay children movie viral in Netherlands national media + official reaction of JW spokesman Branch office

by Gorbatchov 62 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    Apologists For It,Deserve All the Negative Comments They Get.. - Outlaw

I haven't seen any apologists for the video on this forum. Not one.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

the movie is primary for internal use only, for JW children and not intended to upset the society.

NO, Liar.

IN THE MINISTRY:

• Show a video. If the householder has children, you can play one of the Become Jehovah’s Friend videos. Or you can show the video Why Study the Bible? to stimulate interest in a Bible study. If someone speaks another language, show a video in his language

• steve2
    steve2

Some posters persist in saying that the JW mother in the video tells her daughter to make judgemental comments to her school friend about her two mommies' sexuality and/or marriage.

The video does not.

When this is pointed out, the posters then justify their earlier comments by stating the condemnation or judgement is implied and that the children of JWs will verbalize judgements. Fair extrapolation.

That is a separate issue and needs to be worded as such, not slipped into the reaction as what the JW mother actually said.

When first started reading tnrough threads on this topic, I prepared myself for hearing all kinds of judgemental comments on the video about the lesbian mothers. There was nothing beyond the JW mother encouraging her child to talk about paradise and playing with animals. Sure, the mother said that certain prople needed to drop their baggage to get into paradise - but, hey, we know that statement applies - ahem - to the bulk of humankind, straight, gay, lesbian, transgendered or other, living at the time Armageddon hits.

• cofty
    cofty

How dare you fail to be outraged steve2

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I haven't seen any apologists for the video on this forum. Not one......cofty

Of course you don`t..

That would go against your assertion that..

("Assertion" definition: a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.)

The Homophobic WBT$ Video Specifically aimed at Small Children with Developing Minds,is No Big Deal..

With that Mindset..

It would easy to miss the quote on this thread..

From an Apologist WBT$ Rep,doing a Very Poor Job of Damage Control..

The official spokesman of the Dutch Branch office in Emmen declared that

the movie is primary for internal use only, for JW children and not intended to upset the society.

• cofty
    cofty

Outlaw - Your post is such a train wreck I am struggling to work out what your point is. Are you pretending to quote me or just making up some random words and pretending that I said them?

I said that the video was dumb and that it was a PR disaster for the cult.

I also said that I fail to see the hate speech.

At least two ex-JW s who self-identify as gay men agree.

I pointed out a number of factual errors and exaggerations that were being thrown around.

We harm our own cause when we tell lies about our enemy. I won't apologise for declining to join you in faux, self-aggrandising outrage.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If the message of the video is intended for mainly "internal use" then why doesn't Sophia's button-eye "Coraline" mom tell Sophia not to be judgemental of her classmates artwork, and that her classmates two moms are none of their business.

What will Sophia's classmate think of whatever Sophia tells her? Will she then go home and tell her mommies?What will her mommies think of this story of gay people being like inappropriate illegal "carry-on baggage" that have to be left behind?

This video is another example of WT's simplistic equation of real-world issues. If A happens then apply B and you get the happy outcome of C. The reality is always more complex. The knock-on effect of WT teachings generate grief for all who apply the ridiculous suggestions set out in their propoganda videos.

• Simon
    Simon

So many of the comments about this video seem to rely on what isn't said and "what the girl would be told later". As true as all that may be, it means that the video in itself is not proof of what some people would like it to be - i.e. a homophobic rant.

They are allowed to bring their children up how they want to have whatever messed up beliefs and convictions they want. That is the basis of religious freedom, in fact, any freedom, because once you start trying to legislate belief you end up in a police state.

Is it wonderful? Is it fair? No.

Is it going to bring some people up with bigoted views? Probably

Is it something that they should be ashamed of? Yes

Is it something that they will be ashamed of? No

Is it something that someone will take any action over? Of course not

Newsflash: conservative christians don't like homosexuality.

Newsflash: there are far worse religions to be gay in.

In the end it is both bad and good publicity. It is bad publicity when shown to libertarians and good publicity when shown to conservatives, it's really not news to either though and is unlikely to change options because it simply confirms what both sides already know and think.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I don't think straight people can understand how a gay child will interpret this video. I'm believe this hateful video will drive some vulnerable gay youth to suicide. Quit trying to parse the actual words. Their twisted message comes through loud and clear: GOD HATES F@GS. They're no different than the Westboro Baptist Church.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I don't think straight people can understand how a gay child will interpret this video

So can a gay child understand how straight people interpret things? Hmmn ...

And how old is this gay child? ... and isn't being gay todo with sexuality which kicks in later? Playing with dolls doesn't make a kid gay.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-your-child-gay/ 

Quit trying to parse the actual words.

And there is the issue - that is what a more independent 3rd party will do. They don't see the hate speech you do.

Because they don't say those actual words.

You can't take "what they are really saying is xyz" to a news agency and expect them to get excited, even though it may be true.

Their twisted message comes through loud and clear: GOD HATES F@GS. They're no different than the Westboro Baptist Church.

They are very different.

They actually say he doesn't hate them at all - that is their belief system. Very different to the WBC,

I don't think making over the top claims that are clearly refuted helps any cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit