WHAT TYPE OF PERSON BECOMES A JEHOVAHS WITNESS RELIGION BASED ON LIES

by nightwarrior 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I respect everyones opinions on this board, but this post is rather thought provoking to me. Does anyone have any legittimate proof that this religion is in fact based on lies? I am reading nothing but your opinions. since when is an opinion an actual fact? I find it rather easy to bash a religion when it doesn't fit in with your lifestyle or standards.

Stand up for yourself even if your standing alone

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

What type? The type who feels isolated and alone. The type who feels like their life is meaningless and who wants to submerge their useless lives into something grand, important and of cosmic consequence to make up for the current uselessness of their lives. People who want change and who want it now, any change would be better than the status quo.

In short, psychologically ill people, people who are mental.

............. said Francois. Another way of saying those lines, is: Some 90 % of the world population.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

your thoughts are all better then mine, but i posted this on another threat and i am just recycling it here: (types of people who convert to JWis, not grow up in it)

1> Mislead by crafty tactics.

2> At a vulnerable stage in your life.

3>Pretty much gullable.

4>On a spiritual quest of which this was but one bus stop

5>Did it out of love for family or significant other. OR

6>A deluded moron that will believe any bizarre crappy idea, and will eventually move on to the next stupid crappy idea

• Gopher
    Gopher

ikhandi,

To verify that this religion is based on lies, please read the information found in: http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

You'll see the outrageous statements and the doctrinal flip-flops.

When one thing is taught for decades, and then a 180-degree turn is made and the exact opposite is taught, then either at one time or the other a lie was being taught and enforced as "must believe" doctrine by the Watchtower leadership.

Example -- the 1995 change in the meaning of "generation". All of a sudden, the Awake magazine no longer printed on its inside cover that "Jehovah's promise that the generation that saw the events of 1914 will witness the end" (or the substance thereof), because it no longer was the "truth".

So who knows when any doctrine (what is currently called "truth") will be vanquished with a few penstrokes in the next Watchtower magazine?

• Introspection
    Introspection

There is a type that encompass them all: an unconscious person.

Of course, I don't mean unconscious in the sense of being passed out, but someone who isn't conscious of their own motivations, for example. "You can live forever? Great! Oh yeah, there's also this selfless love thing you're supposed to be into ... but you can LIVE FOREVER!! Hey no price is too high for that pay off, it's not like I really have to be selfless or anything." This, my friends, is called being a fraud.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So true, So true are your comments above. .

Ikhandi, now that you are on the net, use it to the full and research the truth about "The Truth", You will see what we mean

Do not forget that the message is a very material one . "You can live forever in paradise on earth" , Sound good?

The picures in the books are designed to appeal to eye . It is a materialists dream , everything money can buy if you just forgo the pleasures now. You also get friends ready made (In theory) a whole lifestyle and purpose in living and a heavenly father that loves you

Why is it that not many rich and educated "Come into the truth", because they can see through it .. Mainly poor people who could never get those things any other way and have not been trained to reason

Somebody once said that it is easy to convince a man of something that he wants to believe in anyway

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

ikhandi asked:

Does anyone have any legittimate proof that this religion is in fact based on lies?

This question is an example of a logical fallacy known as untestability.

The cornerstone doctrine of the Watchtower is the Matthew 24:45 "WE SPEAK FOR GOD" doctrine. Virtually everything else that they have ever taught is subject to change, but not this. And it is not possible to disprove a claim such as this. It is a claim that virtually anyone could make, and many do (David Koresh, Sum Yung Moon, the Pope, etc.).

What you have to do is look at the evidence and make your own decision - do they really have a direct hookup with a supernatural being, and everyone living needs to recognize this or experience violent destruction?

Or - are they making it up as they go along? You decide.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

You hit the nail on the head dantheman. I knew the answer to the question before I posted it here. Just curious as to what others had to say. Its up to you, myself, and everyone else on this board to decide what they believe to be the real truth and what is in fact a blatant lie. In essence time will tell

Stand up for yourself even if your standing alone.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE
    When first attending the meetings, they believe they are being LOVED when in reality they are being love-bombed into submission.

Gopher hit the nail on the head........................

Wanting to be loved is the reason alot of people get involved and then hurt, it happens with romance and it happens with religion.

People make errors of judgement all the time, yet at that time they believe in their decision and choice. They buy the wrong colour dress, they pick the wrong partner, they start a uni course and then realise it's not really for them. People and circumstances also change , what was for them once is no longer any good. Time helps people see things more clearly because only with time do some things become manifest. Fact is we are always changing and learning. Most people become jws for wholesome reasons, believing and trusting.

So the type of people who become JWs are just ordinary, trusting people who for mostly good reasons, have made a wrong choice or were born in the wrong religion(because of parents' choices)...........bad timing or whatever. I became a JW because i believed in god,loved the bible and loved family. The JWs offered me all that, but only temporarily. When I worked it all out I left. Like choosing to do Law at uni then realising I really would be more suited doing medicine.

But making mistakes is only dumb if we don't learn from them. Most of us here are wiser for having been JWs.

cheers, bliss

• kaz
    kaz

all sorts of people and after a while they are all brain washed

I was one but thankfully I saw the light

by the way I am new to everyone - so Hi to all

KAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit