Would you take blood now that you are not a JW and why?

by Joyzabel 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Francois
    Francois

I have taken blood since leaving the Borg. Three units of whole blood. I was having surgery to re-attach my right pelvis to my spine but I had bled out half my blood and was about to have a heart attack when the anesthesiologist stopped the operation.

I was taken back to my room where I received three units of whole blood. Then we went back to surgery and it was successful. In addition to the pelvic reconstruction, I also had my right femur rodded and my right wrist operated.

I think there was some African American in the blood supply. I've had better rhythym ever since. (just kidding)

francois

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Just another little point. The transfusion of WHOLE blood products is the exception rather than the norm. JWs try to make it sound like doctors are just leaping at the chance to contaminate infuse them. Depending on a patients needs, most would get a blood component (platelets, red blood cells, etc.)

Until I had to start taking medication, I was a blood donor for years. Well into the gallons. I have the needle scars to prove it! A lady I worked with got me started when I was in my early twenties. What a gratifying and profound experience. If you ever have the opportunity to give blood, and can manage it healthwise, please do it!

Also, my child is alive today as a direct result of blood transfusions. I would do it again without hesitation.

Andee

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder's blood is in great demand he gets calls from the blood bank all the time. He got over the not giving thing around 9/11 I had given before I was a dub and started about 2 years or so after. Mel has always given blood and now Anthony. She wanted to give while she was still nursing I said NO.

I would take blood, I have the one' s who love me to live for.

For me I always knew deep down Thunder and I would get into a knock -down -drag -out if anything ever happened to the kids and they needed blood. I would have just convinced the docs he was cukooo. I never would have lost my children because some old men said it was the right thing to do. My life here and now is more important than the what if's they gave me.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    Yes, I would. Not frivolously, mind you, but if my life or the life of one of my children was in peril, then yes, definitely.

And what exactly are 'friviolous' blood transfusion situations? It's not like upon admission to a medical care facility they immediately shove a tube in your arm and start drippin the red stuff.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Francois!!!! you are sooooo bad!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

I too had to take 4 units, due to a large uterine fibroid caused me to bleed almost to death and hemocrit fell to 7, Dr. said I might have a heart attack, and it sure felt like it! My poor JW mom clutched her chest when she saw the bloodbag hanging, I sent her home. At least not being a JW anymore sure took off the unecessary pressure. [as well as the decision out of mom's hands].....That was in 1997, and I'm just fine, no AIDS, HEP A,B, or C...etc. [I always had rhythm though]rocky 220

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, Joy, as you so aptly asked in chat the other night "Craig, what got your panties in a wad about this?" LOL

For me, no, I won't accept blood, or any other products derived from another human body.

Why? Because when it's my time to go, it's my time to go. Where I'm going to (if anywhere), I don't know; but when I get there, I'll find out. Such is life, and such is death.

There, is that enigmatic enough for ya?

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit