O.K., Who Is CONVINCED That They Have The REAL Truth?

by SpannerintheWorks 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I'm free!

Guest 77

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I'm free!

Guest 77

Prove it!

Dansk

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Truth is relative, on a relative level, which is basically everything.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Spanner,

I must have the truth because, see, it's just happened again!

Dansk

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Not ONE answer to my question so far! Any takers? You have the Truth! Please enlighten me (us) !

Spanner

• Introspection
    Introspection

Ok here's a bit of truth for ya: Thought is relative in nature, thus it cannot answer questions of the absolute or ultimate reality. This is actually really simple - if you really want to analyze it just trace any thought you have to it's source, and that one, and that one - it's dependent on some other idea which is dependent on yet others. Somewhere down the line you have to make an assumption if you try to figure things out through this process. The very proposition of an answer to a question is an example of the relative nature of thought. If you think you're going to find the truth through some idea, whether through a message someone posts on the internet or anywhere else, you're simply looking in the wrong place.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

If someone found the perfect shoe, it still might not be the shoe for you.

Gita of the Antitypical-Dr-Seuss Class

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I would have to question what it is that you really mean by truth - jws, and many religions for that matter, join ideas of 'the end' to their truth - indeed jws often speak of 'fine' things (ended / finished) - as if the truth were something finite.

My truth is not going to finished with in that sense that I will contain it all in my head - what I will contain in my head is to realise of Adventure - having been fore-given to know of this truth: " I am with you always"

• shamus
    shamus

I think that they are sincere in some ways - but it is twisted so badly around that the truth is unrecognizable, and impossible. They take things soooo out of context - and pretend that it is in context. That is where interpretation is key. One person interprets the same thing differently - we are all different human beings, and will never agree on interpretation!

Do I think they have the truth? Sort of.... but mostly not. They are so frigging sly about their teachings, and love to make themselves look like a victim of the world - and are a victim of the world by their nutty stances - i.e. voting flip-flop!

I certainly do not hate the people in the religion - I feel sorry for them. They think that they are saved - wheras everyone knows in the bible that nobody knows who is "saved". NOBODY. Do they have the truth? In some ways.... Do they have some beliefs that are good? Of course. They sure have tons of problems in their teachings that make them fanatical, hypocrites, and therefore, if you want a black and white fact of weather they have the truth, then the answer has to be no. They come across, and are, assholes. I was one, too Dansk, but hopefully will never be agin.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I asked a friend who came to me to "encourage" me the same queston. His answer was that when he was a teenager he masterbated and then read in a 1950's medical book that masterbation robs a young man of vitality and mental clarity. He was now positive that the WT has an inside track on the truth because they discourage the practice. I was not convinced but maybe that was because my mental clarity wasn't what it should have been. I am not making this up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit