O.K., Who Is CONVINCED That They Have The REAL Truth?

by SpannerintheWorks 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freedom96
    freedom96

One of the joys of leaving the WTS is being able to believe what one chooses to believe. Farkel, I have had personal experiences in my life that convince me that Jesus is real, and that simply closes the issue for me.

One of the great things about living where we do is to have the freedom of choice, the freedom to choose what we want to believe in.

I am suprised that with all the same experiences that we have all had in the WTS, why some seem to have to ridicule others because they believe something that they don't? Just because one person believes one way or another doesn't mean that we have to try to slam them in order to make ourselves look or feel better.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I appreciate this is a difficult subject for some. I am not trying to "lure" or entice anybody to this

thread.

I am looking for answers to questions that have not yet been answered!. Is that a crime? Some of the

posters seem to have found a faith that they believe in and are satisfied that that is the "truth" for them.

I would like to know how you arrived at that conclusion. It seems to me that you have dedicated your

life to that certain "truth" and believe in it with all your heart!

How did you get there?

Spanner

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Spanner:
    Up to your old tricks of Christian baiting, huh? You know that that's a form of trolling? Just because it's not JW to ex-JW, doesn't mean it's a different concept.
    It's also known as sh*t stirring.

I like the words ascribed to Pontius Pilate, on this one: "What is truth?"

Other than that, if it is a Christian response you require, then you'll want to heed Kes' quotation of John 14:6. That isn't a belief system, it's an individual.

As for your original question "O.K., Who Is CONVINCED That They Have The REAL Truth?" I'm not going to answer you with my opinion, because I know how you'd love me to do that. Is that the truth, or not?

Hehehe

• noko
    noko

kes152 seems to have laid it out pretty well, especially John 8:31-32. Hey I am pretty convinced.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Spanner,

It seems to me that you have dedicated your life to that certain "truth" and believe in it with all your heart! How did you get there?

Moi? Rank superstition, guaranteed non-replicable under laboratory conditions. Gently Feral

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ Farkel.

I love your wit and ability to use comical yet honest rationale to get a point across so even some of these simpletons can understand it.

Great post as usual.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    these simpletons

"simpletons"... is that your term for someone who has a differing opinion than yours?

• jgnat
    jgnat

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.

- "What is Man?" Mark Twain

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dam Strights! but beings as I spent nye on to seven years getting my head crammed with science, I reserve the right to denounce my present beliefs should a better explanation come my way! Until then, EUREKA! I've found it!

caveman

• kes152
    kes152

Dearest Spanner,

The Spirit of my Lord has answered you concerning "who" the truth is, and what the 'good news' of the kingdom is. Please see the earlier post.

Peace to you,

Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit