the gaping hole in this week's weak wt study.

by waton 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

As a non JW l get very confused about this 2nd class teaching.

Is there actually a difference between eternal life , immortality etc ? Where did that distinction come from ?

I don't know of any other denomination that has that teaching . It has always seemed to me that's another ploy by the GB to keep that distance between them and the r&f .

Jan

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Waton, I don't accept what Paul teaches, however those in his time were part of the 144,000 so they would eat and drink of it.

And John 6 does say that anyone who eats of his flesh... That is obviously symbolic. But it does not refer to eating bread on a specific date every year. It means to believe that his flesh died for us. It refers to life on earth as well as heaven.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

jhine.

It is simple.

Only 144,000 as Revelation says, get resurrected as spirit being to serve as kings and priests with Jesus. There is no need for anyone else to do that. They have a job to do.

As kings and priests, there will be ones they rule over and intercede for and those ones will be on the earth and those will live for the 1000 years.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If 144k is literal so it must be that they are male virgins and came out of the twelve tribes of Israel then

• waton
    waton
    unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life -- Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day” John 6:48-54
    Are the GB members sentencing their brothers to death?

V: the right quote. The ransom, new covenant partaking is a must for all, for the anointed, giving up life on earth to gain immortality might follow, by the sealing.

The GB members do not have the power to sentence in the divine sense, but their false policy on this "blood" and bread issue deprives the average Joe and Josephine jw at least of the appearance of life's hope. hpe not.

• waton
    waton
    flesh died for us. It refers to life on earth as well as heaven.

R: right, so all must partake. heavenly or earthly "class".

what text would say otherwise?

• waton
    waton
    Is there actually a difference between eternal life , immortality ?

J: yes there is. if Jesus, the son, would have been inherently immortal, he could never have been put to death, really die. , but as the 'second Adam', he had only the right to everlasting life. They should have let him live to be over a 1000. to prove it.

not one text to show that exclusively the anointed, not the ordinary Joe and Josephine jws should eat and drink saturday next.

• waton
    waton
    some scripture to show that anointing can happen many years after baptism. So a person with the earthly hope can at any time proclaim themselves anointed.

h: right! the greatest example are the apostles. At the last supper, with an entrenched earthly hope ( wanted to eat and drink wine, rule as kings in Israel) they partook of the emblems,--- to become anointed only 50 days later'

The first partakers had an earthly hope, no text says that has ever changed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Luke is sometimes quoted as the justification for only the anointed partaking the emblems:

Luke 22:19 Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.

JWs believe that only the anointed—spiritual Israel—are in the “new covenant”. The other sheep benefit from the “new covenant” as subjects of the kingdom, not as co-rulers with Christ.

• jhine
    jhine

So JWs stop at verse 8 in Rev ch 7 . What about verses 9- 17 ?

It it's true that some have one hope and others a different hope why didn't Jesus say " This teaching is for those with the heavenly hope and this teaching is for the others " ?

Also verses 5 - 8 make it clear that the 144 , 000 are Jews that have been saved . So how can any JWs be part of the heavenly hope ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit