Has Anyone Had Chinese Food Lately?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

On the other hand I will go out my way in future never to buy goods made in China.

cofty ...

Here in the US, if you don't want to buy Chinese, I'm not sure what you would buy. If it has a power cord, is made out of plastic or sold at a big box store, it is probably made in China.

Even US flags were made in China.

Rub a Dub

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I just ordered in some sweet and sour deep fried bat, some bat vegetable chop suey and bat fried rice .

I'm bat crazy for this stuff

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm partial to General Tsao's Bat or the Sweet and Sour Bat in my local restaurant.

Rub a Dub

• RolRod
    RolRod

I had Chinese this evening! Delicious

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I'm one of the lucky few that has an essential job. I only have it every two weeks, but I'm buying into my local community. Food that delivers are still open in my area. I use UberEats to give back just a little each week. I support my local shops.

I also support the Chinese. They are no more responsible for this virus than the rest of us. Viruses and disease are a part of life and if we are going to go there, then everyone in the world has the right to blame us for the fact that measles hasn't been eradicated all because some people in the US (the ones who started the false information) decided that vaccinations cause autism, which it doesn't.

I don't agree with blame game. That this strand of a virus started in one place doesn't really mean anything at all. Virus strands evolve and mutate and grow and spread from every part of the world. If you believe in God then you have to blame him since he created all life in the universe and viruses are alive, technically. If you don't believe in God then you can blame life, because this is what life is.

I see the point in blaming anyone for things we have no control over. I prefer to live life moving forward.

• minimus
    minimus

I do not support the Chinese government.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I miss my Chinese food. We have a great sit down Chinese near. One $8 Zombie drink and your flying. We have this 70 yr old Waiter . And he brings us stuff not on the menu. Always a good time. It's so good we even go there for birthdays...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I miss working in San Francisco. There was fabulous Chinese food there. 2cd Gen and I have been home 99% of the time, and she is a great cook. We will probably order some take out - Uber eats next week.

The P.R.C. is Bats!#!t crazy and our attitude towards the government is negative but unchanged towards the people....and food. Kung Pao bat sounds good.....

• LV101
    LV101

Balaam - best Chinese food in the world in my fave city - San Francisco - or, was. Between Chinese food and Ghirardelli Square (chocolate) and the greatest tomato bisque soup from the french Chef Jean - nothing better on planet earth.

Took me yrs. to find a decent Chinese restaurant in state I live in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit