Has Anyone Had Chinese Food Lately?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

I picked up Chinese takeout last night, it was good. They passed it to me via a window. Can’t go inside.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my wife is filipina--and a very good cook.

what more could a man want?

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I had some today its part of my nutrasystem meal plans. I have not went out and even though in Arkansas we are not under stay at home orders most restaurants are closed. I see the few that are fast food and only the drive through are open are packed and stopping traffic around quitting time.

• minimus
    minimus

In Arkansas, do they really have good Chinese food?? When you leave Boston area and transplant to let’s say, Florida, people say they have no good Chinese restaurants around here. I’m spoiled

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I love Chinese food!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When you leave Boston area and transplant to let’s say, Florida, people say they have no good Chinese restaurants

Min ...

Very, very few good Chinese places here in South Florida, nothing like Boston, NYC, etc. Remember, we are primarily Latin culture here and they just don't eat it. Drive an hour or so north towards Boca Raton and West Palm Beach which is full of transplants from the Northeast and it is totally different (more Chinese food and a kosher deli on every corner).

There is, however, one very good place not far from where I live (it's in the Kendall area) that is a Hong Kong style, Dim Sum place. It is very authentic, you would think you are in Hong Kong. They even have the little carts and you point to little plates you want as they go by just like Hong Kong. The place is fairly large and is packed on Sunday mornings/early afternoons, the traditional time when Chinese families go out for Dim Sum. If you are not there when they open at 10AM, expect a significant wait.

Other than that, I know of nothing worth going to down here. Originally living in the Northeast does sort of spoil you.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

2+2=5, LOL. Your comment tickled me.

Minimus-In Arkansas, do they really have good Chinese food?

As someone who lived many years in Arkansas, they have 'Chinese' food if thats what they want to call it. So bland. If there are good Chinese restaurants in AR I have never had any. They have some good Thai places.

To answer the question. No I haven't. Missing it. There's a place in town that I would go to because its relatively good and the servings could feed a small village. One take out meal would last me 3 days. But they are closed.

I try to steer away from 'made in china' as much a I can, when I can. I try to buy German as much as possible. German things are made to last, such good quality. I also tend to buy Spain and Italian products as well when I'm able.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

All closed. The cat population is exploding.

• minimus
    minimus

Mean mr... lol

• LV101
    LV101

How sad they're closing down - I hope all the Panda Express' are still in business but we have many great Chinese restaurants here - or did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit