A year since I have been back

by Lee Marsh 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi Lee,

Thankful you’ve been preserved through all that.

i’m sure you’ll take advantage of the moment to continue doing a lot of good. People need you.

Cheers and much warm thoughts,

Ozzie 🍷

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lee you're an "inspiration" to all of us.

Always have been!

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Thank you everyone.

Umm seems I got my dates wrong. I was first diagnosed in 2020, not 2021.

Nice to still be here - anywhere actually.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If I can offer some small advice. Get a CTDNA (cancer tumor DNA) test done. It's relatively new and some insurances may not cover it. (not sure about other countries). In addition to the CEA blood work, the CTDNA test can predict recurrence about 9 months earlier. My doctor was willing to order it and it was fully covered. In fact Signatara, (a CTDNA test provider) told me they are covering the cost even if private insurance fails to, as long as a doctor ordered the test. I'm sure it is part of their marketing campaign to expand awareness.

In short it provides either earlier warning or greater peace of mind.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I am waiting for it to be approved in Canada. it is much better than having a colonoscopy.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Wow. Scarry stuff. Glad you are on the mend.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Lee, you showed great courage and are no doubt stronger for facing your health problems straight on. I am encouraged to hear your story and hope that you will include updates as time moves forward.

• Mum
    Mum

Good for you! Thank you for your contributions to this forum!

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Dear Lee Marsh,

I failed to hold back tears when reading your account. I don’t know you, but I just want to say that you are stronger and braver than any of us can imagine, although I feel I have a small inkling of what you went through. My husband died in the summer of 2020 of the same cancer. In those days he would tell me, and any whom he spoke to on the phone, that he couldn’t go through each excruciating step if I wasn’t there for him. Thankfully, even in the time of the virus, the doctors made special circumstances for me to be with him, but on a limited basis. Radiation, surgery, extended chemotherapy; all for naught, since the cancer ultimately consumed his entire body.

So your story is one of extraordinary stamina and success, and it does all of us good to hear it. Thank you for sharing it.

• blondie
    blondie

So glad to hear of the good outcome of your long journey. Thanks for letting us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit