Debating With Evolution Deniers is Just Like This

by cofty 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Looter...I am eagerly anticipating your posts and have been following them avidly.

Do you mind helping me out? Can you describe this character or thing that you keep referring to as "God"? I have no idea what it is that you accuse people of hating...what is it that we/us/others are supposed to be hating?

Who or what is this entity that you keep referring to? Do you have a picture, or at least some sort of description? I really want to make sure that I know what it is that I am supposed to be looking for...it seems sort of pointless to hate something that is so, well...undefined. I wouldn't want to waste my time...if hate is the required emotion here...please tell what it is that I am supposed to be hating.

Think of me as your pet personal Christian project...you can save me. Teach me about this 'god' thing you talk about...I want to make sure I recognize it when it shows up in my life. Define God.

• looter
    looter

Giles Gray, That's not the same thing at all. In a film you know that the characters don't exist in real life. Atheists just don't think God exists even when there's no proof for his non existence. and as for orphancrow, There's no need for me to engage in silly questions just for you to ridicule me. It's very obvious that you hate God just as much as the others and yet you play like you want to be saved. Nope.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

looter

I beg to differ. Can you prove Darth Vader didn't exist 'a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away'?

And what's the difference between reading fiction in a book, even an old book, or watching fiction in a film?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    looter: and as for orphancrow, There's no need for me to engage in silly questions just for you to ridicule me. It's very obvious that you hate God just as much as the others and yet you play like you want to be saved

Well...I guess you missed out on that opportunity. What will you say when God asks you why you didn't reach out to a questioning soul?

Silly question, huh? Tell that to your god. Does your god like it when you call him silly?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The hatred is real because we have to put up with all the REAL problems your imaginary friends worshippers have created.

Shunning, broken families, needless deaths, fuckwit creationist nonsense being taught to our children, protection for abusers, child mental abuse (demons, Armageddon), the denigration of women.

Want more?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Holy cow! My first NC-17 post!

I feel a little bit dirty . .

• looter
    looter

Shunning? That's what witnesses do and I'm strictly against that nonsense. Everything else you mentioned is just a generalization. You clearly just find me irritating and are making up stuff to make up for your dislike of me and God. If you really want help from all that I urge you and orphan to pick up a bible and read through and don't follow what the jw.org says. That's me being helpful to hurt souls. But first you all have to admit your anger before I can help you. It isn't that hard. To me, everybody should read the bible and with a very critical eye, but without anger. Maybe then you could see the Yeshua is true. Maybe, maybe not.

• cofty
    cofty
    If you really want help from all that I urge you and orphan to pick up a bible and read through ...everybody should read the bible and with a very critical eye - Looter

I read the bible many times. I object to slavery - therefore your god is beneath my contempt.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Shunning? That's what witnesses do and I'm strictly against that nonsense.

Yeshua said; "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life he cannot be my disciple".

And he praised those "who [have] left house or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the Kingdom of God"

It sure does sound like shunning doesn't it?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Shunning? That's what witnesses do and I'm strictly against that nonsense. Everything else you mentioned is just a generalization.

This is a typical theist position of wanting to claim the good stuff and say "oh, all that bad stuff I reject" even though it's part and parcel of their belief system. They do it with themselves because they do it with their god, try to claim it awesome and pretend the really really horrible stuff can be waved away.

It's a joke. It's both morally and intellectually dishonest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit