To those JW's at age 10 and above who read it, understood it, got played, and survived. 😇

by was a new boy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

3RD GEN:

No, I was not raised in the Witness religion but was Roman Catholic. I cannot imagine what you and others either born-in or raised-in must have gone through!

Who knows what so many JWs may have become or accomplished if they were not hindered by misguided parents obeying this religion.

It is nice to know you have a wonderful marriage with BALAAMSASS. We can agree that we are all very glad to be Out of the JW religion.. It would not matter what changes they make.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks LHG,

Both of us have had so many difficulties caused by obedience to JW dogma that it's hard not to be bitter. Unfortunately, BA's health is not good so even though we are so happy to be out of the cult, life is far from perfect.

The old joke holds true: "If I would have known I would live so long I would have taken better care of myself!"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Well I was a baby of 1 when that was published. No one I knew was even a JW...yet! That didn't happen until the 70s🤷🏻‍♀️

3rdGenThe old joke holds true: "If I would have known I would live so long I would have taken better care of myself!"

I love this! It's so true😂😭😭

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

3rdGen, New Boy, BalaamsAss that Charles Sinutko circuit Ass. talk led to an American called Peggy Special pioneering in England and finding us through the door to door work.

Folk guitar playing, educated professionals but Hippy peace-nicks during the Vietnam then nuclear proliferation era, ripe for the plucking. The women bringing in husbands who wanted to initially keep an eye on their wives and kids, but then caving to keep the family together.

What could it hurt, after all? Sunday service with these friendly, honest people? A great community in which to raise your young family?? CSA , the blood ban and shunning a million miles away from your mind when you're in a good Christian community & healthy, happily married with very small kids🤷🏻‍♀️

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Topics like this serve as a reminder. When we look at the world situation and become worried, it is the old programming at work. Humanity has spent the last several centuries telling one another that the end must be near because things can't get much worse before we wipe ourselves out. Has this been any more obvious than the last 50 years? There has never been a lack of things for the WTS to point to, where they say "look! this is a sign of the end!"

Stephen Lett's "last part of the last days" is what you say when you realize that you are old and will not be around that much longer. Who has to deal with the fallout when his words come back to haunt the organization? The next group of GB members. I think this might be one reason why they are making such big changes. At some point you can no longer just ignore or walk back statements like that. Remember this: this reform effort is due, at least in part, to the realization that they have run out of reasons for the 'end' times never ending.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Charles SiNUTko sure played up this 1975 thing did he not?

I mean at some 1968 talk he had the entire audience totally captivated hanging on every word.

All you can hear is the odd kid making sounds in the background.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Charles Sinutko was CO in our area decades ago. It was before I lived here, so I never met him, but respected elders that I worked along side idolized him as a public speaker and particularly idolized that talk. Of course, by this time 1975 was way, way, back in the review mirror and still Sinutko was seen to "walk on water".

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

"In Desert Hot Springs, there were 219 reported violent crimes, equivalent to 665 per 100,000 individuals, 79.9% higher than the national average. " ...along with 109 degree summer days....in a trailer.

Sounds like "staying alive PAST 75" has been hell for cult star Dave in his Desert trailer. :)

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Cult star Chuck :) correction

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I came across this page the other day - from The Watchtower 1967 May 1st article: page 262:

Where Are We According to God’s Timetable?

THE END OF 6,000 YEARS (May1st 1967 p262)
    In examining these Scriptural facts, something else also captures our attention. According to Bible chronology, we are already over fifty-two years into the wicked system of things’ “time of the end.” That time began in the autumn of 1914 C.E., at the termination of the “appointed times of the nations,” and it is already far advanced. Jesus said that “this generation” that saw the beginning of this time period in 1914 would also see its end. The generation that was old enough to view those events with understanding in 1914 is no longer young. It no longer has many years to run. Already many of its members have died. But Jesus showed that there would still be members of “this generation” alive at the time of the passing away of this wicked system of things in both heaven and earth. (Luke 21:32, 33) How much longer will it be, then, before God takes action to destroy the wicked and usher in the blessings of his Kingdom rule?
    Interestingly, the autumn of the year 1975 marks the end of 6,000 years of human experience. This is ascertainable from reliable chronology preserved in the Bible itself. What will that year mean for humankind? Will it be the time when God executes the wicked and starts off the thousand-year reign of his Son Jesus Christ? It very well could, but we will have to wait to see. Yet of this we can be certain: the generation that Jesus said would witness those events is nearing its close. The time is close at hand. On God’s “timetable” we are in the closing days of a wicked system of things that will soon be gone forever. A glorious new order is immediately before us. This is, therefore, good reason for Christians everywhere to rejoice. Yes, they rejoice because fulfillment of their prayers for the kingdom of God is now at hand.​—Luke 21:28.
    Therefore, keep in mind the admonition of the Lord Jesus when speaking of our day: “Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that you may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.” (Luke 21:36) The prophecy is sure; the time is short.

Wow, it must be really, really close now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit