To those JW's at age 10 and above who read it, understood it, got played, and survived. 😇

by was a new boy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Everybody Plays the Fool

Lyrics
    'Okay, so your heart is broken
    You sit around mopin'
    Cryin' and cryin'
    You say you're even thinkin' about dyin'
    Well, before you do anything rash, dig this
    Everybody plays the fool sometime
    There's no exception to the rule
    Listen, baby, it may be factual, may be cruel
    I ain't lyin', everybody plays the fool'
  • was a new boy
    was a new boy

Awake has permission to put these ultra sexy wrinkles in their next (yearly?) magazine.

Hand was 12 years old at publication.

• was a new boy
  • was a new boy
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Even before "old me" was around.

Even years before I was around(born.) This was published.,,. Here I am eyeing retirement. LoL.ROFL.

This was published 55 years ago.

Even this 'article' itself is at 'retirement' age. 55 years old.

Hello!!!!!! Wake up PIMIs.

Anyone who retains older bound volumes,,,books etc,,,,please hang on to em. They're worth their weight in gold!!!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yes, Newboy

Hubby (Baalam'sAss) and I were 13 and 16 years old, and already baptized at ages 12 and 13 when those articles first came out in 1968. ALL the Borganization did was beat the drum that the "Great Tribulation was scheduled to begin ON or BEFORE 1975. That "The Great Day of God the Almighty" (Armaggdon), the destruction of every man, woman, and child not baptized or baptized and only doing "TOKEN SERVICE" Would be bird food.

It is important to note that we are not talking about a couple of articles in the magizines or a couple of veiled predictions in the study books. This frantic atmosphere permeated every discussion, meeting, assembly, and convention from 1968 through 1975.

The of JWs were not fooled Sometimes. We were fooled ALL of the time.

What was the effect on the brainwashed during the late 1960s to the mid !970s?

I think I'll start a thread.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

/\ /\ I realised i just didnt believe the 1975 crap--or for that matter--in god--the new world--armageddon.

And i got the hell out of it.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Who can forget the late 60s release of the "Truth book" and the 6-month bible study push. The END was too close to take a year or more to get baptized we were at the tippy tip of the end of this system!!!!! I would never graduate from high school, have kids, get married, or hold a job in this old system.

To disagree verbally or by deed was to be shunned by family, friends, and the congregation. Buy or build a home? Have kids? = a whisper campaign.

• Balaamsass2
  • Balaamsass2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit