February 2024 Study Watchtower -

by BoogerMan 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"That's because anti-xmas is a Rutherford implementation..

Dubs who despise xmas and who cant stand the holiday season through the years,,,are under a Rutherford trance.

He us the one who put the kibosh on holidays and birthdays."

He must have been a miserable old sod. Fancy abolishing parties because they aren't about you! 🙄

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It is to my belief,, that this Rutherford was separated from his wife and kid(s) through the latter years of his life.

He saw pictures of them enjoying themselves enjoying the holidays,,,,he was miserable about that. He went on to revoke any holidays and/ birthdays etc,,,

You never hear any JW giving any solid argument against holidays other than some flimsy,,feeble ""blah,blah,blah pagan" or what not. Flimsy answer,, nothing really solid. Actually,,everything any human does on this earth,, is pagan.

Some of the most heavy-handed, man-made rules come from the Rutherford,, followed by Knorr era.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Many thanks for the most interesting info about Rutherford.

Some today may worry that they will feel lost or abandoned when anointed brother Rutherford is resurrected and bans Christmas all over again"

• jhine
    jhine

Guys l don't have access to the Feb 2024 study WT . So do they actually go on to counter this worry that some may have ?

Jan from Tam

• Duran
  • blondie
    blondie

What is the newest time the WTS says the remaining "anointed" on earth will go to heaven? For years, I and others have said that the "anointed" would have to be in heaven to be part of the wedding of Jesus and the Bride of Christ (all of the 144,000) If some were on earth, then those "anointed" would miss the wedding. What did the WTS then say to deal with that, they said the marriage of Jesus and the Bride would take place shortly after the great tribulation started. Thus whatever timeframe the WTS has assigned to the start of the great tribulation it is still before Armageddon. Also, all of the 144,000 anointed are said by the WTS to be fighting along side Jesus and the angels to destroy the wicked on earth at that time. I don't have the quotes right in front of me, but I will search on JWN to see how long ago that was.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If anyone still has their hands in the Proclaimers book,,,you can see Rutherford smugly sitting at the end of one of the large tables.

With xmas decorations and xmas wishes strewn throughout the hall.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Ah yes, I remember that!

There are a couple of pics of Christmas at bethel. I've had a go at colourising one or two:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ron W.

Thanks a million!!!

You got it. You're awesome. You made my day.

• Duran
    Duran
    [6-1-89 WT – Since 1919 the cleansed and refined members of the anointed remnant have been freed from the unclean, idolatrous religions of Babylon the Great. (Malachi 3:1-3)]

WTS celebrating Christmas is proof they could not have been cleansed/refined during 1914/1918 period resulting in a cleansed/refined people since 1919 onward, because they celebrated the pagan Christmas Holiday for 10 more years after 1919. They celebrated it until 1929.

[1975 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses p. 147- In Pastor Russell’s day, Christmas was celebrated at the old Bible House in Allegheny, Pennsylvania. Ora Sullivan Wakefield recalls that Brother Russell gave members of the Bible House family five- or ten-dollar gold pieces at Christmas. Mabel P. M. Philbrick remarks: “A custom that certainly would not be carried on today was the celebration of Christmas with a Christmas tree in the Bethel dining room. Brother Russell’s usual ‘Good morning, all’ was changed to ‘Merry Christmas, all.’”]
    [7-15-65 WT – I was asked to give an hour talk over a hookup on the subject of Christmas. It was given December 12, 1928, and published in The Golden Age #241 and again a year later in #268. That talk pointed out the pagan origin of Christmas. After that, the brothers at Bethel never celebrated Christmas again.]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit