JW broadcasting and doubts

by Colinconfused 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

Hey thanks for all the replies Ill follow up in order starting with Landy,

Hi Landy, thanks,I will. I left actually around 11 years ago. why did I stop? thats a long story. To be honest I was struggling and needed a break from everything I sold my business and traveled. I had the best time ever and met my amazing partner. we have two amazing children. They are the main reason I wanted to reconnect with Jah because I wanted to teach my children about creation and Jehovah.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I started studying about 32 years ago in about 1984. At that time, the organization seemed to be more palatable for those looking for something. However, 32 years later, the organization is not even close to what it once was. The deception and rampant emotional, mental, and psychological abuse is disturbing....not to mention the prevalent sexual abuse in all corners of the earth. I don't see why anyone with modern day internet access would be interested in the borg unless they are pedophiles. I started fading about 4 years ago. The "Tight Pants Tony Pontification" was the last straw and things have only gotten worse.

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

@Jockbeard I have put the study on hold as I'm trying to get my head around all of this.

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

@cofty YES this is all too unsettling. I wish it was easier to follow Christ. Now we have to go through this other "mediator" to get to the love of Christ. It seems impossible.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Its not necessary to connect with an organization to connect with god, and if he does have an organization, it sure isn't this one. Listen to the voice that is telling you that something is wrong with an organization that changes doctrines and practices this radically. Why did they all of a sudden start putting the governing body out there, where they were hardly mentioned before? Why have they begun selling off kingdom halls and other properties and getting rid of bethel workers? Something just does not add up.

Do yourself a favor and research the history of this religion. I think you will be shocked, as I was, that they have not been honest about their history and practices. Their failed date predictions, questionable chronology, and child abuse cover ups are easy to investigate on the internet. You have children, so I am sure you don't want them to be in an organization that too often has failed to investigate claims of child sex abuse, failed to inform the authorities or worse, allowed abusers back to the congregation with no warning to parents, even sometimes allowing them to serve as elders or ministerial servants.

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

Hi Lisa yes if i had it my way I would not be part of an organization.

• just fine
    just fine

Then don't be part of organized religion. It's that easy.

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

I'm trying really hard not to be mean but those rubber face baffoons on that JW broadcasting freak me out.

• Watchtower-Free
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Colin, I did exactly what you are considering. My wife and I were born-in JWs but had faded and were inactive until we were expecting our first child. We wanted to give our kids "the best way of life". We wanted them to have moral standards and we really believed that JWs were "The Truth".

We were back on that hamster wheel where they always demanded more and we were never doing enough for another 30 years before we saw the Organization for what it really is: A Cult. A cult obsessed about money. A cult that attempts to keep its member from researching its past. A cult that has NO transparency about the BILLION$ it has in revenue nor about the BILLION$ it received in the sales of real estate that was paid for by and continuously maintained and remodeled by the contributions of "slaves" it has in its control.

Please read the book displayed above: Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan. It is not about the JW Organization, but it shows the deceptive techniques they employ to control the members.

Good luck and welcome to this motley crew of misfits! [DOC]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit