Waking Them Up When They Feel Safe

by KerryKing 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

She simply needs to hear the gospel of Christ's unfailing love and forgiveness of sins which are past, reiterated.

Encourage her to read the gospel of John over and over again.

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

Thank you Vanderhoven, I love that reminder myself

• Dagney
    Dagney

I personally would not send her anything or try to wake her up unless she asked you why you left, or expressed doubts or questions.

I would be a friend since she is going through such a difficult time. There is always time for that later. By maintaining a relationship where she feels free and safe to talk with you, it leaves the door open for those types of discussions when the time is right.

My $.02.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's a real conundrum. On the one hand, she's in a difficult situation where she might be open to questioning her reality. On the other hand, if she's drawing comfort and strength from her WT beliefs (and presumably getting some support from her congregation) while in what is a pretty dire situation, it might not help her much to pull that rug out from under her at this time. Some JWs are happy (well, I assume that there must be some who are happy), and she might be happy and content with what she currently believes during these trying circumstances.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

KerryKing;

You haven't read Crisis of Conscience yet?

I encourage you to,,

Please do so asap.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Vanderhoven7: She simply needs to hear the gospel of Christ's unfailing love and forgiveness

Jesus told his followers that "he who has seen me has seen the Father", that he and the Father were 'one'. Fine, read the child killing atrocities commited by the Father as recorded in the OT and tell me again of Christ's unfailing love.

Be there for your friend. Be kind, be supportive but leave religion out of it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Old? Leave it. A fantasy hope is all some have

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

JP writes:

The abundant life comes back to having a constant sense of God’s forgiveness over your life. Instead of taking in and harboring all the guilt, condemnation, and judgment, we need to stand secure in our perfect forgiveness in Jesus.

There is a redeeming quality to being forgiveness-conscious, as opposed to being conscious of your failings, sins, and mistakes. When you are forgiveness-conscious and see your failings on the cross of Jesus, you receive power to break out of your irritability, impatience, and short-temperedness with others. You receive power to break out of your eating disorders, addictions, and anxieties!

When you realize that we don’t deserve God’s forgiveness and grace yet He gives it to us anyway, this revelation of His unmerited favor changes us from within. It dissolves the knots of anger and impatience in us that have built up over the years and frees us to enjoy God’s love and to show it to others!

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

That's a beautiful and clear way of putting it Vanderhoven.

Btw you look so much like my own Dad, I'm wondering are you a relation. He's the only one of a large JW family still PIMI, all his siblings left years ago. They're all Dutch.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ray Franz's books.

Crisis of Conscience.

In Search of Christian Freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit