COLD today

by wasone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• wasone
    wasone

It's a cold 13 degrees Fahrenheit in Tennessee this morning where I live. Glad I'm retired and don't have to work outside today. What about where you live. How cold is it?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Here in Ohio, it is 5 degrees F above zero. It hasn't gotten out of the teens in two weeks.

• Onager
    Onager

Here in Gloucestershire, UK. It's cold and rainy. Warmer than last week though.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

44ish degrees f (7ish Celcius) here in Cambridgeshire UK and it's urinating with rain.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

42 F here in central California and light fog. another day in Paradise and freedom from the borg!

just saying!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

20 in the northern part of the Lone Star State.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's 8 degrees centigrade and wet, wet, wet here in Leicestershire, UK. Not complaining though because at least there's no snow. When it snows in the UK the roads and trains come to a standstill.

There is never enough grit to clear the roads in this country and you take your life in your hands driving on ungritted icy roads. I've done it enough times, trying to get to work, hitting the brakes when skidding across the road and nothing happens, no brakes. Terrifying, so it can rain for me, I'm okay with rain in winter.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Xan - you take your life in your hands driving

The A47 is the worst road around these parts which connects Leicester area to my area. It's pants.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I know the A47 Punky. I got off a train from Manchester during the snow a couple of weeks ago. We'd had three inches of snow and the roads were at a standstill. Even though it had started snowing three hours before not a gritter in sight.

Luckily I'd booked a taxi from the station because all the taxis had gone home and people were trying to get in mine. It took him an hour to drive eight miles and I finally got home at midnight. Nightmare.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A friend posted some pics yesterday spending New Years Day at the beach . . . oh well, we can't all live in Florida, but here in NYC it's a balmy 19 degrees

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit