My Mom died last week.

by Still Totally ADD 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101
    Still - at least you have confirmation of a mental disorder/disease re/your mom. Not undermining the situation but so many adult children and family members excuse the toxic/evil/inadequacy as being mentally crazy or other sidewalk psych term (no professional evaluation) when they're just plain awful and care less about their children. It's very difficult for many to face the reality and easier to excuse them as something mental. There are way too many disordered/evil parents that were never JWs in the world - believe me.
  • millie210
    millie210

Condolences to you Still Totally ADD.

Thank you for telling us about your experience in the death of your mom and also with your brother.

In taking the time to share, you are helping others to understand their place on the spectrum of our own human experiences. I'm glad you are here STA!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm so sorry for your loss, both now and for parts lost in the past. These relationships are complicated enough without a cult in the mix. Don't judge your feelings, just feel them, and be kind to yourself as you grieve. Take care and I send my condolences.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Still Totally add ADD;

So sorry to hear.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Condolences... Take care of yourself. My mom died when I was young. I remember talking to her for several months after, it felt weird but normal at the same time.

Just let yourself feel it all.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Condolences to you and yours for the loss of your mom. May she rest in peace and may you find comfort and peace through this sad time. Still is hard to lose mom, no matter what.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Still Totally ADD - Much love to you and your family during this difficult time.

• newsheep
    newsheep

We are truly sorry for your loss Still Totally ADD. Doesn't matter how old or what shape they were in it still hurts. Your never prepared for that feeling of never seeing them again. When my mother had died there was a flood of emotions that still haunt me today. So many questions I wished I could have asked like why? Why didn't she leave when her very own relatives out west wanted to take her back and they would have helped her with the kids. I never met any of mom's relatives or the old man's since none of them were jws.

You carry this loneliness with you for the rest of your life when they are gone or from the time you left the cult. Worse than self isolation. Someone asked me the other day how I was dealing with it and I had to be honest and say I don't know any difference in my life before the covid or after. No family. No friends. Just acquaintances.

I hope you are not alone and have someone with you. Again, sorry that your mother passed away.

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry for your loss...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"He told me 10 years ago that he felt he would die in this system. So deep down there are doubts in his mind."

We had a family member (70's) tell us the same exact thing just a few years ago. She still holds true to the cult but there are deep deep doubts. She will never admit the doubts to us, now that she knows that we are out for good. She doesn't want to add that "feather in our cap."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit