What woke you up?

by HappyBlessedFree 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

For me it was personal Bible study and prayer. I realized the WT cherry-picked verses and parts of verses and took a lot out of context.

Later I found out about the false prophecies and doctrinal flip-flops. I also read Crisis of Conscience. Those things just confirmed for me that the WT organization isn't what it claims to be.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Easy....facts...607 BCE was NOT the destruction of Jerusalem.

That ONE fact destroys 1914 which takes down the self-appointed GB power and when you remove that from your mind and see their teachings as is from men it doesn't stand up.

I resigned as an elder on March 2012...stopped going in October 2012 and never looked back.

• LV101
    LV101

The pecking/political order inside -- the dirty cliques and non-loving conduct of a couple of bullying elders.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

the "disgussing video" where a woman chooses to ignore the phone call of her disfellowshipped daughter, with the approval of her "elder" husband ! the real opposite of the love of the Christ!

Although I was PIMO for several years, I decided to never go back !

• new boy
    new boy

50 years of bull shit...most of that time I couldn't believe it was bull shit.

It was a thousand things....finally the stink was so bad that I had to smell it.

However the biggest reason was the lack of any real love! I found out about that at the world headquarter....Bethel. The problems in the organization started at the very top.

• LV101
    LV101

I'll reword my comment above -- unloving nature and conduct of the members in general. There was only one elder I had an issue with (his degenerate daughter - I'd 'splained to his elderette wife who was in huge clique that I would no longer be needing their irresponsible, thief of a daughter, working for me) and their degenerate best friend, an ex PO, who, per court order, could only have 'supervised' visitation with his own teenage boys -- unreal! Some bad ombres in Jah's house.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I think that's a pretty comprehensive "heap of witness".

• Persnickety
    Persnickety

When you start getting that overwhelming feeling that something isn't right and that feeling keeps growing and growing based upon what you are hearing from the Organization. When the Governing Body started asking for unquestioning obedience. Whatever happened to "you must obey God as Ruler rather than men."?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was too many lies and corruption surrounding and no doubt instigated by literature proliferation. the WTS was teaching a false commercialized version of the Gospel.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I converted in 1973, at age 22. I was caught up in the 1975 business. I became discontent over the years as nothing ever happened. In the spring of 1988 there was a talk about the evils of higher education, and how unnecessary it was since the new system was so close. My children were entering their teenage years, and wanted them educated. I started a major research project, and was on the road out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit