A new step in my exit from the WT

by Skepsis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Thanks for your tips!

I will wait until I'm announced in my congregation and later will be missing meetings for a time until I move to another. In fact, my working schedule will conflict with midweek meetings. They still don't know my address and no one even asked for it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Are you nuts!!! NEVER GO IN A HALL AGAIN!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm with wifibandit.

We "bounced" from a Cong we attended 25 years, attended 3 years of fading, bounced again, attended twice, no one is sure where we are or where we should be.

(Shhhhhhhh! We're actually sleeping in now on Saturday & Sunday mornings!)

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Yeah! Good for you. That gets your cards out of the old congregation and let's face it, they really don't care about you or anybody. After they get your cards that will be it, you will be free. Don't ever go back.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I have this old German neighbor (Gustov). He managed to escape from East Germany on a guise of visiting (I think) a sick relative in West Germany. From there he made his way to Canada.

He told me that when he woke up the day after his arrival in Montreal he asked where the local police station was. They asked him what he wanted with the police. He told them he was going to report his arrival and provide them with his address. They told him he was in a free country now and didn't need to report to anyone. He couldn't believe it.

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

What is more upsetting is that elders back in my country don't know how to send the recommendation letter because they can't speak the language of the country I'm now living in. So the process would be slower than I had expected.

• Ding
    Ding

What is more upsetting is that elders back in my country don't know how to send the recommendation letter because they can't speak the language of the country I'm now living in. So the process would be slower than I had expected.

It seems to me this would make it easier for you to get lost in the confusion and simply disappear.

• Roxie
    Roxie

Hello Skepsis 😊

We all have different experiences with the organization. So there are a lot of opinions on how to leave the Watchtower.

I am sure you will do it your own way 😊

Just let us know how it went. 😊

Good luck!

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Hi Roxie,

Thanks for your message. It's true, we all live in a different way our experience in the Organisation and there are many different options to leave it.

I just tried my own way of leaving.

I do know there will be difficult times ahead but also many joys. There are a lot of surprises in life, this life, the real life we have in front of us. Probably the only life. We don't have to wait to the new world to be happy. We can be happy here.

I'm starting to enjoy freedom like never before. And it's worth the effort of quitting the WT. I've known someone who wouldn't have known if I had stayed in the darkness of the Organisation.

Thanks and good luck in your life!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Skepsis, I'm late to the party here. From the sound of things, I wouldn't be surprised if one congregation or the other drops the ball and your records fall into limbo.

When I switched to a foreign language congregation, my English congregation dutifully sent letter and records. The new congregation promptly lost all the paperwork. I should have taken that as my cue to leave, but that was a long time ago when I was still a believer and in Bethel at the time, unfortunately.

When I moved away for my fade, I left the records in the old congregation and didn't give a forwarding congregation. I only received one phone call from the old secretary, and let it go to voicemail. That's been 5 years now. So I didn't have much hassle from the congregation, and the old 'friends' from the congregation have disappeared from my life, although some are on the FaceBook account I rarely use. Family, really only my parents, are my only remaining link to anything JW.

Best wishes on your ex-JW journey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit