"The likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed"

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Presidential hopeful Ben Carson of course. This isn't another gun control debate, I just thought it might be fun to have a topic where we can dump all the hysterical quotes from the candidates.

It's a deep and plentiful mine folks!

• cappytan
    cappytan
    The fact remains that he disarmed the Jews prior to his trying to exterminate them. I don't know if them being armed would have actually made a difference, but he disarmed them for a reason.
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    There were several armed uprisings, like the Warsaw ghetto uprising, that worked as well for the Jews as you would figure. Or, as someone else put it; the U.S. put 100,000 Japanese Americans in camps in World War 2; how do you think it would have turned out if all of them were armed and fought back?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Guys! I said "this isn't another gun control debate"

Lighten up!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Lighten Up!!

You can have my gun when you tear it from my cold dead fingers!!! GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU DIRTY STINKIN APE !!!! LOL

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Actually I like some of the older quotes like Clinton's "I didn't inhale" or " I didn't have sexual relations with that women" or the best one "That depends what the definition of the word is,is"
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not going to bother with Trump quotes. Someone else can have fun with those.

Mike Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist minister. On “The Daily Show,” he said that Beyonce is basically a stripper. He also compared Roe v. Wade to the Holocaust, saying that abortion is worse.

Jeb Bush is watching his mouth pretty good so far, but old quotes of Romney were used to destroy him, so all is fair: During his 1994 campaign for governor of Florida, Jeb Bush said that women on welfare “should be able to get their lives together and find a husband,” and suggested that we’d have fewer unwed mothers if people would only resume publicly shaming people who have kids without being married.

Rand Paul said on Meet the Press, ”I’m scratching my head because if there was a war on women, I think they won. You know, the women in my family are incredibly successful. I have a niece at Cornell vet school, and 85% of the young people there are women. In law school, 60% are women; in med school, 55%. My younger sister’s an ob-gyn with six kids and doing great. You know, I don’t see so much that women are downtrodden; I see women rising up and doing great things.”

Women, if you are not related to Rand Paul or are not among those that go to Cornell or law school, somehow Rand forgot about you.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

During the last election Mitt Romney said, “If President Obama is elected you will not be able to get a job.”

But unemployment is now lower than it ever was under Reagan.

It’s Romney who can’t get a job.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    If every witness in Germany had voted against the Nazi party, it's very unlikely Hitler would have ever been able to accomplish what he did.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Guys! I said "this isn't another gun control debate"

With all respect nicolaou if you give a title like the one you gave you're going to attract both sides of the gun issue. If you had given a more neutral title like "What are the craziest things you heard a politician say?" then you would have avoided that.

But since it seems to be back on track I'll repost, from another thread, my favorite Mike Fuckabee quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=juMP_5yu13U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit