How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How stupidly corrupt and inaccurate the JWS are far from the truth relating to how the Gospel is supposed to be preached by Jesus's own direction.

Essentially JWS are in the lie orchestrated by the inherently corrupt Watchtower publishing house.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The search for Socrates' syllogism continues.

Marina

• Clambake
    Clambake

I often wonder how much troll factor there is in being a JW or are they really that oblivious to how pompous and arrogant they are. When calling yourself the truth you are basically calling everyone else in a fake religion.

Not matter what any kind of discussion with a JW you have it all ends up in the exact same place

We don’t believe in the trinity, holiday are pagan, war is bad etc etc

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I despise Witnesses who use this term or any form thereof, and any of their "special" language. But the motherlode of all the expressions they use that I despise the most is their anal retentive use of the name "Jehovah".

One thing that these imbeciles seem to lack is respect for the Father's name. How can Witnesses use THEIR Father's name so commonly? I would never use my Father's name to describe him, speak of him, or pray to him.

I used to cringe when I would congratulate someone and they would come back with "Thanks to Jehovah."

For some reason I never felt too comfortable just using this name they way the majority of Witnesses used it so arbitrarily and freely. Common sense is just not something Witnesses are used to using.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    Agreed @Tenacious
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I wouldn't be so hard on people who still use the term, "the truth", especially people who were born into this religion. It is very ingrained. And to them, "the truth" means the JW religion, not necessarily the TRUTH.

I was talking with a friend recently, she's DF'd, knows more than me about all the lies and subterfuge, yet when we talk, she'll still say things like, "Remember Brother so-and-so..? He left the truth, too." She was raised in the religion, and knows absolutely that is not in any way, shape, or form, "the truth", but to her, it is simply another way of referring to this religion/cult.

She gets impatient with me when I mention her use of this expression. "Well, of course I know that it isn't "the truth - it's just another term for that f'd up religion!"

So while that term grates on my nerves, too, I understand it takes a long time, if ever, to eradicate.

• DJS
    DJS

It took me 15 minutes to eradicate it, and I was essentially a born in. Typing it into your browser while on this site has repercussions. As with everything we post, we owe it to ourselves, lurkers, other posters, the topic, the site and to help those exiting from this god awful cult to give some sentient thought to WTF we type.

That isn't rocket science.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I cringe as well, but do understand it's not a conscious thing. After i left the bOrg, i went through a fairly long period where i caught myself about to say "the truth" countless times when referring to the organization, and had to stop and force myself to consciously say organization in lieu of "the Truth"
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" The Truth " is used as a alluring and self supporting metaphor by JWS as a reconfirming self expression that has been strategically and mentally indoctrinated by the WTS. as we have the correct bible interpretations and we have been chosen by god exclusively toward mankind's personal salvation etc.

So the WTS devised doctrines to not only attract attention to its published literature but as well to hold them in a state of controlling submissive fear. What comes out this is self empowerment for men which they couldn't possibly possess, as well monetary wealth as money is exploited out these allured to controlled believers.

All other practicing Christian avowed faiths are " False " religions for their unrighteous practices.

The JWS practice "True" righteousness in the eyes of Jehovah and are more appeasing to him which is critically important based of the assertion by the WTS that Judgment day/Armageddon is imminently to come.

• Ding
    Ding

It's a propaganda tool.

The more you hear it called "the truth" and the more you call it "the truth" yourself, the less you are able to think critically.

Why would any intelligent person not want to be in something that's the truth?

Why would any intelligent person ever leave something that's the truth?

JWs may not realize it, but when they are baptized into the borg, they are giving up their right to even question whether it's the truth unless they are willing to be DFd for apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit