Canada zone visit March 2016

by Richard_I 33 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

David Splane was at the international convention in Montreal sometime in the early 2000s (I can't remember what year it was).

He also visited one of the local congs in Ottawa a couple of times over the past 10 years since his wife is related to one of the elders there.

Anthony Morris gave the Canadian zone talk a few years ago. I can't remember exactly what he said in it other than he appeared very smug and I left the assembly hall thinking there's no way I'm surviving armageddon since I'm not pioneering. Luckily, I was already on the way out at that point and his talk just hastened my waking up.

Apologies, I see that I was wrong and Canada has been graced by some of the elite after all.

• talesin
    talesin

Nunavut is the new destination for 'need is greater's ? What are they thinking, those poor, brainwashed suckers. At 17, I thought Moncton was cold and dreary, and after one winter there, became a mentally diseased apostate. Going to the land of the midnight sun to preach? It boggles the mind.

And families supporting them - it is hella expensive, even in a big 'city' like Yellowknife, for stuff we take for granted. The more I think about it, the crazier it seems. SMDH

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    talesin: Nunavut is the new destination for 'need is greater's ? What are they thinking, those poor, brainwashed suckers. At 17, I thought Moncton was cold and dreary, and after one winter there, became a mentally diseased apostate. Going to the land of the midnight sun to preach? It boggles the mind.

I think the Nunavut escapade is related to all the money and political influence that is available for language revitalization and literacy programs. It would not surprise me one little bit if the WT gets government grant money to produce and distribute literature in aboriginal languages.

And about the GB visiting Canada...was it not Fred Franz who gave the key note talk at the "Peace on Earth" assembly in Vancouver in 1969? The "stay alive til 75" talk? Or something like that?

• talesin
    talesin

OC, I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's very likely.

Found this meme ............ : P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit