The Metropolitan Museum Oasis Bible Tours in NYC

by Beachlover 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachlover
    Beachlover

I just came home from a day in NYC and was taken to the Met for the the Woman and her offspring tour I went to keep peace and just enjoy my family. I've been to the Metrpolitan Museum of Art on many occasions and have enjoyed spending time wandering thru the exhibits appreciating the art and history. Since all family members wanted to do the tour by the WTS entitled a woman and her offspring, I thought I could just follow along and just enjoy the art and exhibits.

In all honesty, I'm still amazed at this whole tour. We saw literally a dozen artifacts and so many iPad WT video shots that I lost count We were also told over and over about how there is nothing new under the sun and how satan just reuses the same wing and circle symbol.....the guide/brother pulled up everything from money to Aerosmith's trademark. There's a huge museum here and we literally saw nothing! Over and over we were told that we have to obey the society, not disagree or question them. The final straw came when the guide told us that we would have a new calendar, new month names and days of the week named because it's all pagan. He said 90% of everything is pagan to which I casually pointed out his wedding ring and the tie around his neck, to which he said its all a matter of how its viewed and I said that I don't think anyone thinks the days of the week are pagan anymore but he didn't agree I had to bite my tongue the rest of the way thru I just wanted a nice time with my family, I'm in a fade and trying to be kind and blend in, but my brain is melting down

Had anyone else been thru this? I just want to get along but this is was no real history, it was a few artifacts and iPad WT videos. How does any of this add up to scientific evidence?

BTW, they changed the name from the woman and her seed to the woman and her offspring because of the "new light" in 2013 which everyone there thought was no big thing.

• schnell
    schnell

We were just talking about these tours in another thread earlier today, about the "sinister speaker".

I'm glad you spoke up a little, and I'm sure it was tough.

90% of everything is pagan to which I casually pointed out his wedding ring and the tie around his neck, to which he said its all a matter of how its viewed

How is that any different from mainstream Christians acknowledging the pagan origins of Christmas and saying it's cleaned up and okay for the family today? I've seen JWs pass around a YouTube clip of Pat Robertson saying as much on the 700 Club, and they're so proud to point it out.

• schnell
    schnell

Oh, I bet I know who the 7 days will be named after.

Loschday, Splaneday, Pierceday, Morrisday, Lettday, Herdday, Jacksonday, and Sandersonday.

"Looks like someone's got a case of the Splanedays..."

• Listener
    Listener

I wasn't aware that they had changed 'her seed' to 'her offspring' so did a bit of research. It appears that they introduced this idea over 10 years ago in the Revelation climax book.

First, there is the seed, or offspring, of the Serpent. What is this? It surely includes those other spirit creatures who joined Satan in his rebellion and who were finally “hurled down with him” to the realm of the earth.

They then argue that 'her seed' refers to more than just one person (Jesus)

14 In the Bible, anointed Christians are called Jesus’ brothers, and as his brothers, they share the same Father and the same mother. (Hebrews 2:11) Their Father is Jehovah God. Hence, their mother must be “the woman,” God’s wifelike celestial organization. They become a secondary part of the seed, Christ Jesus being the primary part. The congregation of these spirit-begotten Christians on earth make up God’s visible organization that serves under his womanlike organization in the heavens, where they will be united with Christ Jesus at their resurrection. (Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 3:16, 29) Though not part of the seed, millions of other sheep out of all nations are being united to serve with God’s organization on earth

Why should that be a big deal for JWs? Because they have said this -

Furthermore, Jehovah foretold that a future “seed” would redeem mankind from sin. (1 John 3:8) W 2010 5/1

Did you tip the Brother well? The best tip would have been a glossy brochure advertising a real tour.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

To the OP that everything is 90% pagan...

I overheard a very zealous older sister say just this past summer, that in Paradise... there will be no books... because they were (apparently???) all written by unbelievers.

I feel so sorry for her.

Beachlover... I know you were in a tight position, you did really well not losing it on this big jerk.

I wish you all the very best with your waking up and fade.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

What wing and circle symbol did Satan use?

This one?

And/or this one that good Jehovah worshipping king Hezekiah used?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/03/middleeast/king-hezekiah-royal-seal/

• Beachlover
    Beachlover

Wow, I wish I had this photo today! Saved it and will be "aghast" when I say, look what I found!!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Just in case their lack of knowledge of their own religion's history is an issue, this title from the same series is a bit more familiar for most JW:

• Half banana
    Half banana

Beachlover, well done for keeping your cool. The JW org is just a delusion based on the ignorant belief that the Bible (and GB) alone hold vital truth for mankind.

About four years ago I was in the British museum and came across such a group as you attended held in the hearing of passing visitors and tourists. I believe that the tour guides were pioneers getting in their field service time and hence it was a public "witness" as well.

But oh! what irredeemable drivel...there he stood, the enlightened one, in a temple of tangible evidence and human learning, holding aloft the NWT, telling the world and his wife that whatever you see in the museum is only of secondary importance to what it says in the Bible.

I wanted to vomit over him as I walked by but decided otherwise. They seem to have stopped these ridiculous indoctrination sessions at the British Museum.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sorry, what is "woman and her offspring" and what does a public museum have to do with jws? I am lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit